A selection of Lord Norton of Louth's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Norton of Louth’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Norton of Louth’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I congratulate my noble friend Lord Hodgson on raising this timely debate and endorse what he and other colleagues have said. In the time available, I want to raise a fundamental question, one already touched upon by the noble Baroness, Lady Donaghy, and the noble Earl, Lord Sandwich. It is fundamental to this House, this Parliament and indeed Parliaments generally. If a crisis...
To ask the Chairman of Committees how many items of correspondence were received in the Palace of Westminster in 2015; and of those, what proportion was received in the House of Lords.
My Lords, the review undertaken by my noble friend Lord Strathclyde may be pointing us in a direction that is worth pursuing, but for very different reasons from those advanced by my noble friend and not in the way recommended in his report. Our debate, following my noble friend’s report, has tended to focus on whether the House, by its vote on 26 October, broke a convention of the...
More of Lord Norton of Louth’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1998
Currently held offices
- Member, Constitution Committee (since 8 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Information Committee (Lords) (12 Jun 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Draft Voting Eligibility (Prisoners) Bill Committee (14 May 2013 to 16 Dec 2013)
- Member, Secondary Legislation Scrutiny Committee (formerly Merits Committee) (16 May 2012 to 14 May 2014)
- Member, Draft House of Lords Reform Bill (Joint Committee) (6 Jul 2011 to 26 Mar 2012)
- Member, Merits of Statutory Instruments Committee (9 Jun 2010 to 15 May 2012)
- Member, Constitution Committee (14 Nov 2007 to 1 May 2012)
- Member, Committee on Regulators (23 Nov 2006 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee E - Justice and Institutions (24 May 2005 to 12 Nov 2009)
- Member, Constitution Committee (28 Jun 2001 to 7 May 2005)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee E (24 Nov 1998 to 11 May 2001)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 17 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 11 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 59.57% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 32 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Norton of Louth’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 339 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from