My Lords, the noble and learned Lord will not have been aware of the very large number of colleagues who were below the Bar listening to his valedictory speech. I want to make him aware of that compliment. I remember when I was inevitably and always, in relative terms, a very junior lawyer and quite a new Peer—in my salad days, one might say—sitting next to the noble and learned...
My Lords, is it not important not to look at these things in silos—and not just at police numbers alone? Community safety partnerships are made up of police local authorities, and fire and rescue, probation and health services. In times of financial difficulty, does the Minister agree that it is important to do things together, differently and holistically, and that community safety...
My question was about bringing this particular clause—or section, as it will be—into effect.
More of Baroness Hamwee's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Became a Lord in 1991
Other offices held in the past
- Spokesperson for Communities and Local Government (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Regional and Local Government), Department for Communities and Local Government (27 Jul 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Department for Communities and Local Government (6 Jul 2007 to 27 Jul 2007)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Regional & Local Government), Department for Communities and Local Government (2 Aug 2006 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Regional & Local Government), Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (1 Jun 2005 to 2 Aug 2006)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister Local Government & the Regions (22 Feb 2005 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister Local Government & the Regions (26 Jan 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 55 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 69.44% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 6 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Hamwee’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1301 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from