This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Stevens of Ludgate’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Stevens of Ludgate
We’re missing a photo of Lord Stevens of Ludgate. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1987
- Send a message to Lord Stevens of Ludgate (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Stevens of Ludgate voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately against more EU integration. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- EU: UK Membership — Motion to Take Note (24 Oct 2013)
“My Lords, we are here today, thanks to the noble Lord, Lord Shipley, to debate the economic impact of being a member of the EU. I also congratulate the noble Lord, Lord Wrigglesworth, on an excellent maiden speech. In addition, contrary to some comments that have been made, I agree with practically everything that the noble Baroness, Lady Noakes, said. She summed the situation up brilliantly,...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: House of Lords: Membership (21 May 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government what steps they have taken to rebalance the membership of the House of Lords in line with the share of the vote secured by the political parties in the last general election.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Search and Rescue Service (21 May 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government what checks they carried out as to the suitability of Bristow Helicopter Transportation Services to take on the contract for search and rescue services.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 2 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 11.84% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 8 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Stevens of Ludgate’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 18 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)