This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Alderdice’s activity (no more than once per day)
Liberal Democrat Peer, Former Speaker, and MLA for Belfast East
- Also represented Belfast East
- Changed party from Alliance on 30 Jun 1998
- Became a Lord in 1996
- Entered the Assembly on 25 June 1998 — General election
- Left the Assembly on 28 April 2003 — General election
- Send a message to Lord Alderdice (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Alderdice voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted strongly against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
- Has never voted on laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted against more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Northern Ireland (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill — Second Reading (3 Dec 2013)
“My Lords, when the notion of a Northern Ireland Bill was first discussed a couple of years ago, the Secretary of State at that time undoubtedly considered that the centrepiece of the Bill which he hoped to see through would be the devolution of corporation tax. I suspect that most noble Lords and indeed Members of the other place will see this as a very modest Bill because of the failure to...”
- Health: Talking Therapy — Question (3 Dec 2013)
“My Lords, I entirely support my noble friend’s commitment to good outcomes, but those also require sufficient inputs. If the noble Baroness’s request for a right to talking therapy were implemented tomorrow, it would completely collapse because there simply are not enough trained therapists to provide the care that is required. What measures are the Government taking to ensure...”
- Mental Health: Cost of Living Support — Question (7 Nov 2013)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 2 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 36.20% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 19 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Alderdice’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 180 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)