Sometimes rebels against their party in this parliament
How Lord Ahmed voted on key issues since 2001
- Has never voted on the hunting banDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against introducing ID cardsDetails
- Voted strongly for a stricter asylum systemDetails
- Voted strongly for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted strongly against equal gay rightsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schoolsDetails
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquestsDetails
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate changeDetails
More on their full record
Tackling homelessness among young people – Lord Ahmed.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they would support an independent international inquiry into relations between the government of India and the Sikh community in India following the operation at the Golden Temple in 1984.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what information they have regarding steps taken by the government of India to promote better relations between that government and the Sikh community since the operation at the Golden Temple in 1984.
More of Lord Ahmed's recent appearances
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 29 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 61.10% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 55 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Ahmed’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 79 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)