This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Ahmed’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Ahmed. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1998
- Send a message to Lord Ahmed (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Ahmed voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on the hunting ban. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against introducing ID cards. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Sometimes rebels against their party.
- Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Bill — Committee (3rd Day) (20 Nov 2013)
“With all things legalistic and legislative, my noble friend will agree with me that it is important, as he himself stated, to get it right. Let me assure him that we will certainly take into account his insight and expertise in ensuring that in our drafting we correct any omission, if indeed that is the case. I hope, based on the explanations I have given, that my noble friend will be minded...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Pakistan (20 Nov 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government, further to the Written Answer by Baroness Northover on 3 December 2012 (WA 109), what is the total amount that the Department for International Development's Education Awareness Programme has spent so far from the total budget of £20 million for 2012–15. To ask Her Majesty’s Government what is the total amount of money they have paid to...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Bangladesh (19 Nov 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government what is their assessment of the war crimes tribunal held in Bangladesh which has passed death sentences on British citizens and political opponents of the current government of that country; and whether they have made any representations to the government of Bangladesh about the tribunal.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 20 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 61.39% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 55 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Ahmed’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 78 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)