My Lords, will the Minister give some thought to those at the other end of the grass-roots spectrum—that is, the veterans? Is she aware that a veterans’ tournament for parliamentarians who are involved in the Rugby World Cup is taking place next week, starting in Rugby? If any care to come down to watch, we are also playing at the Richmond athletics ground on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
My Lords, will the Minister give us an answer which refers to the emphasis that should be placed on encouraging voluntary activity? It has been encouraged by all Governments, and so much is done in the voluntary sector. What are we doing to encourage people to get a good grounding so that this thing which lightens up our lives is encouraged?
My Lords, will the noble Earl give us an assurance that in future when this type of event occurs, the Government will publish what has happened so that there is no confusion?
More of Lord Addington’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1982
Currently held offices
- Member, Hybrid Instruments Committee (L) (since 17 May 2011)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, The Arctic Committee (12 Jun 2014 to 11 Feb 2015)
- Member, Olympic and Paralympic Legacy Committee (16 May 2013 to 6 Nov 2013)
- Member, Liaison Committee (L) (2 Jun 2010 to 15 Jun 2010)
- Member, House Committee (L) (2 Jun 2010 to 15 Jun 2010)
- Spokesperson for Defence, Spokesperson for Culture, Media and Sport , Deputy Chief Whip (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Defence (27 Jul 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Sport), Culture, Media & Sport (19 Dec 2006 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Sport), Shadow Minister (17 Aug 2006 to 19 Dec 2006)
- People With Disabilities, Non-Departmental & Cross Departmental Responsibilities (19 Oct 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
- Deputy Chief Whip (1 Jun 2005 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Disability), Work & Pensions (1 Jun 2005 to 25 Oct 2007)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Sport), Culture, Media & Sport (1 Jun 2005 to 17 Aug 2006)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Culture, Media & Sport (22 Feb 2005 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Work & Pensions (22 Feb 2005 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Member, Procedure Committee (L) (2 Dec 2004 to 26 Nov 2008)
- People With Disabilities, Non-Departmental & Cross-Departmental Responsibilities (26 Jan 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Other Whip (26 Jan 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Shadow Minister (Sport), Culture, Media & Sport (26 Jan 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
- Member, Merits of Statutory Instruments Committee (17 Dec 2003 to 7 May 2005)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 29 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 5 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 86.04% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 18 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Addington’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 445 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from