If I may make one small point: any convention about not voting in Committee is very recent, and it is one determined by the procedures in Grand Committee. It is a waste of time for us to go over the same debate twice if we are determined to have a vote or if we feel that the answer cannot be given. If the noble Lord, Lord Bates, says that he is very positively minded towards this...
My Lords, when I put my name down to speak in this debate I was inspired purely by my image of what the war graves mean. I realise that the main reason that I did so was that they are individual graves. They are not monuments or something telling you that something great happened. Let’s face it: the thing about monuments is that we do not put them up for our defeats, do we? Here, we put...
More of Lord Addington’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1982
Other offices held in the past
- Spokesperson for Defence, Spokesperson for Culture, Media and Sport , Deputy Chief Whip (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Defence (27 Jul 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Sport), Culture, Media & Sport (19 Dec 2006 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Sport), Shadow Minister (17 Aug 2006 to 19 Dec 2006)
- People With Disabilities, Non-Departmental & Cross Departmental Responsibilities (19 Oct 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
- Deputy Chief Whip (1 Jun 2005 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Disability), Work & Pensions (1 Jun 2005 to 25 Oct 2007)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Sport), Culture, Media & Sport (1 Jun 2005 to 17 Aug 2006)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Work & Pensions (22 Feb 2005 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Culture, Media & Sport (22 Feb 2005 to 1 Jun 2005)
- People With Disabilities, Non-Departmental & Cross-Departmental Responsibilities (26 Jan 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Other Whip (26 Jan 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Shadow Minister (Sport), Culture, Media & Sport (26 Jan 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 25 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 5 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 86.04% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 18 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Addington’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 441 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from