A selection of Lord Addington's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Addington’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Addington’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I thank all noble Lords who have spoken in this debate, and I thank the Minister for what was as good an attempt as I have had at answering my questions—of late, certainly. We had a great deal more clarity about the role of the local authority. The Minister said that teachers have a duty to teach everyone, but she did not say what that duty involves in terms of training for...
My Lords, I thank those happy few who have put their names down to speak in this debate. It behoves me to tell the House why I have tabled this debate now. First, we had the opportunity and, secondly, there is huge reform going on in the schools system and a great deal of work going on about how special educational needs are addressed in the classroom. The Carter review is going on and we are...
More of Lord Addington’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1982
Currently held offices
- Member, Hybrid Instruments Committee (Lords) (since 17 May 2011)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, The Arctic Committee (12 Jun 2014 to 11 Feb 2015)
- Member, Olympic and Paralympic Legacy Committee (16 May 2013 to 6 Nov 2013)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Lords) (2 Jun 2010 to 15 Jun 2010)
- Member, House Committee (Lords) (2 Jun 2010 to 15 Jun 2010)
- Spokesperson for Defence, Spokesperson for Culture, Media and Sport , Deputy Chief Whip (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Defence (27 Jul 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Sport), Culture, Media & Sport (19 Dec 2006 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Sport), Shadow Minister (17 Aug 2006 to 19 Dec 2006)
- People With Disabilities, Non-Departmental & Cross Departmental Responsibilities (19 Oct 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
- Deputy Chief Whip (1 Jun 2005 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Disability), Work & Pensions (1 Jun 2005 to 25 Oct 2007)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Sport), Culture, Media & Sport (1 Jun 2005 to 17 Aug 2006)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Culture, Media & Sport (22 Feb 2005 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Work & Pensions (22 Feb 2005 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (2 Dec 2004 to 26 Nov 2008)
- People With Disabilities, Non-Departmental & Cross-Departmental Responsibilities (26 Jan 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Other Whip (26 Jan 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Shadow Minister (Sport), Culture, Media & Sport (26 Jan 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
- Member, Merits of Statutory Instruments Committee (17 Dec 2003 to 7 May 2005)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from