A selection of Baroness Gale's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Gale’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Gale’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they are considering appointing a National Adviser for Violence against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence, similar to the appointment made by the National Assembly for Wales in 2015.
I thank the Minister very much for his response, although I am a little disappointed in what he said. Does he agree that anything that can be done to reduce the high number of women suffering from domestic abuse—1.4 million in 2014—must be done? Will he agree to meet the Minister in Wales to discuss the ground-breaking law in Wales so that women in England can benefit in the same...
More of Baroness Gale’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1999
Currently held offices
- Member, Works of Art Committee (L) (since 16 May 2013)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Refreshment Committee (L) (20 Jun 2012 to 12 Jun 2013)
- Opposition Whip (Lords) (8 Oct 2010 to 1 Oct 2013)
- Member, Works of Art Committee (L) (25 Nov 2009 to 15 May 2012)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee G - Social Policies and Consumer Protection (24 May 2005 to 12 Nov 2009)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (8 Dec 2003 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Information Committee (L) (25 Nov 2002 to 18 Nov 2004)
- Member, Library and Computers Sub Committee (26 Jun 2001 to 7 Nov 2002)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 7 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 6 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 90.15% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 6 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Gale’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 120 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from