Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament
How Baroness Gale voted on key issues since 2001
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquestsDetails
- Voted very strongly for a stricter asylum systemDetails
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rightsDetails
- Voted moderately for the hunting banDetails
- Voted very strongly for introducing ID cardsDetails
- Voted moderately against laws to stop climate changeDetails
- Voted strongly for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schoolsDetails
More on their full record
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what steps they are taking to eliminate the inequality of women in political and public life.
I thank the Minister for her reply. Does she agree that progress is dreadfully slow, with only 252 women Peers ever appointed to your Lordships’ House, only 369 women ever elected to the House of Commons, only four women in the British Cabinet and only one woman ever appointed to sit in the Supreme Court, and that with the UK ranking at 64 in the global ranking of women’s...
More of Baroness Gale's recent appearances
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 9 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 90.33% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 6 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Gale’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 107 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)