This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Rennard’s activity (no more than once per day)
Liberal Democrat Peer
- Became a Lord in 1999
- Send a message to Lord Rennard (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Rennard voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted strongly against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately for the hunting ban. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Sport: 2022 Football World Cup (14 Oct 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government what representations they have made, or plan to make, to (1) the government of Qatar, (2) FIFA, and (3) any other forum, about the reported maltreatment of workers building football World Cup infrastructure; and whether they intend to make representations or provide assistance to FIFA and the International Labour Organisation to ensure that international...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: House of Commons: Voting Restrictions (25 Jul 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they intend to legislate to restrict votes in the House of Commons on matters defined as affecting England only to Members of Parliament representing English constituencies.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Marriage (6 Jun 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government how many marriages have been registered in (1) England and (2) Wales in each of the last 10 years; of that number, how many were (a) civil and (b) religious ceremony weddings; and how many civil partnerships have been formed in each year since commencement of the Civil Partnership Act 2004.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 7 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 12 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 56.23% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 18 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Rennard’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 162 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)