This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Sutherland of Houndwood’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Sutherland of Houndwood
We’re missing a photo of Lord Sutherland of Houndwood. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 18 July 2001
- Send a message to Lord Sutherland of Houndwood (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Sutherland of Houndwood voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting and Philippines — Statement (18 Nov 2013)
“My Lords, it is clearly good that the Prime Minister’s visit to the north had the impact that it did in the wider world and among the Tamil community in the north. Will the Leader of the House tell us anything about how this was reported elsewhere in Sri Lanka, where perhaps sympathies were rather different? It is important that there is impact there as well.”
- National Curriculum: Violence against Women — Question (28 Oct 2013)
“My Lords, the two topics mentioned in the Question clearly refer to abhorrent sides of our society; we all agree on that. However, does the Minister agree that dealing with all those problems by inserting them on a statutory basis into the national curriculum is almost a confession of failure and that there have been many other interesting suggestions made from around the House today?”
- NHS: Keogh Review — Statement (16 Jul 2013)
“My Lords, one thing that is very positive in the Minister’s Statement, and in the way in which he responds to questions, is that he clearly understands that this is a multifaceted problem and that there is no single way in which to deal with the whole set of issues. That being said, there is, of course, a “but”. The “but” is that one element of the government...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 20 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 18.42% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 4 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Sutherland of Houndwood’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 122 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)