How Lord Adonis voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Has never voted on a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted very strongly against university tuition feesDetails
- Voted very strongly for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted very strongly against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per yearDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted moderately against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Lord Adonis hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
My Lords, does the Minister agree that the train currently called the TransPennine Express is one of the worst offenders against the Trade Descriptions Act in modern Britain? Can she tell us why the Government still do not have a firm plan to get HS2 to the north, let alone HS3? The current HS2 hybrid Bill stops at Birmingham and the Government still have not even confirmed the route for HS2...
To ask Her Majesty’s Government how many apprenticeship starts there were in public sector employers in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 respectively in total and for each apprenticeship framework; for each year, how many were in (1) central government, and (2) local government, in total; and for each year and type of public sector employer, how many of those apprentices were aged (a)...
The Minister just referred to the “new company”. Many noble Lords in the debate asked whether we are talking about a company or companies because the Bill says “companies”. Do I take it from what the Minister just said that it is the Government’s intention to set up just one highways company?
More of Lord Adonis's recent appearances
Became a Lord on 23 May 2005
Other offices held in the past
- Secretary of State, Department for Transport (10 Jun 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Minister of State, Department for Transport (6 Oct 2008 to 10 Jun 2009)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Schools and Learners), Department for Children, Schools and Families (13 Jul 2007 to 6 Oct 2008)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Children, Schools and Families (28 Jun 2007 to 13 Jul 2007)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Schools), Department for Education and Skills (17 Jun 2005 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Education and Skills (11 May 2005 to 17 Jun 2005)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 6 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 68 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 67.94% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 27 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 41 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Adonis’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 764 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.