How Lord Adonis voted
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately for more EU integration Source
Voted a mixture of for and against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Voted very strongly against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Source
Voted moderately against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Has never voted on a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted very strongly against university tuition fees Source
Get email notifications when Lord Adonis speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Lord Adonis hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
My Lords, the building of new towns and major urban extensions is a critical national issue in the face of Britain’s acute housing shortage. The designation of Ebbsfleet as a new town and the recent Wolfson Prize competition for a new town scheme demonstrates the enthusiasm and capacity that there is for developing the concept in modern conditions. All three of the major parties in the...
I should point out to the noble Lord that this amendment was tabled and debated in Committee.
My Lords, I am grateful to the noble Lord for putting on record the Government’s commitment to sustainable development and high-quality design, which is of key importance. If I may, I shall respond further to the noble Lord, Lord Jenkin. The amendments were tabled on Monday, which was the day before yesterday, so there was certainly time for noble Lords to engage fully with the...
More of Lord Adonis's recent appearances
Became a Lord on 23 May 2005
Other offices held in the past
- Secretary of State, Department for Transport (10 Jun 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Minister of State, Department for Transport (6 Oct 2008 to 10 Jun 2009)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Schools and Learners), Department for Children, Schools and Families (13 Jul 2007 to 6 Oct 2008)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Children, Schools and Families (28 Jun 2007 to 13 Jul 2007)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Schools), Department for Education and Skills (17 Jun 2005 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Education and Skills (11 May 2005 to 17 Jun 2005)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 7 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 68 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 67.27% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 28 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 42 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Adonis’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 767 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from