This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Harrison’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Harrison. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1999
- Send a message to Lord Harrison (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Harrison voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately for the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted very strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Upcoming Business – Lords: Main Chamber (18 Dec 2013)
“Ensuring small businesses are not penalised by late payment of bills – Lord Harrison.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: World Trade Organisation (23 Oct 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government what their negotiating priorities will be at the forthcoming World Trade Organisation Ministerial Conference in December; and whether the United Kingdom will be supporting commitments to giving duty-free, quota-free access to Least Developed Countries.”
- Foreign Languages: European Institutions — Question (22 Oct 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government what action they are taking to encourage the study of modern foreign languages to maximise the United Kingdom’s influence in the European institutions.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 59 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 72.73% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 10 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 11 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Harrison’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 233 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)