A selection of Lord Harrison's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Harrison’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Harrison’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether an impact assessment was carried out regarding removing bursaries for students of podiatry; and if so, with what result.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what options they are considering to ensure that the student numbers for podiatry are maintained after August 2017.
Would a modern Brunel and Pugin be excluded from the current employment applications?
More of Lord Harrison’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1999
Currently held offices
- Member, Equality Act 2010 and Disability Committee (since 11 Jun 2015)
- Member, Hybrid Instruments Committee (Lords) (since 10 Dec 2003)
Other offices held in the past
- Chair, EU Sub Committee A - Economic and Financial Affairs (17 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, European Union Committee (22 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, EU Sub-Committee A - Economic and Financial Affairs, and International Trade (22 Jun 2010 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F - Home Affairs (21 Nov 2006 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, European Union Committee (29 Nov 2004 to 26 Nov 2008)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee G - Social Policies and Consumer Protection (8 Dec 2003 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Member, Delegated Powers and Regulatory Reform Committee (26 Nov 2002 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C (6 Dec 1999 to 20 Nov 2003)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 26 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 12 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 71.83% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 10 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 13 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Harrison’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 261 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from