A selection of Lord McNally's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Almost always voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord McNally’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord McNally’s full vote analysis page for more.
Only in the Lords—
My Lords, I think that all speakers have paid tribute to the noble Lord, Lord Alton; I will take a slightly different tack. I know exactly when I first met the noble Lord: it was as we queued to take the oath in the other place for the start of the 1979 Parliament. Instead of heaping more praise on him, let me give a Gypsy’s warning to the Minister: the noble Lord may look like a...
My Lords, it is always a great pleasure to follow the noble and right reverend Lord, Lord Eames, as he gives us a glimpse of optimism and of redemption. All of us who work in the criminal justice system can think of personal examples of individuals whose lives have been changed by the intervention of others, which is one reason why I am a great supporter of mentoring. Like others, I thank the...
More of Lord McNally’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1995
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Insurance Bill [HL] Special Public Bill Committee (19 Nov 2014 to 24 Dec 2014)
- Member, Inheritance and Trustees’ Powers Bill [HL] Committee (28 Oct 2013 to 16 Dec 2013)
- Member, Trusts (Capital and Income) Bill [HL] Special Public Bill Committee (19 Jun 2012 to 24 Jul 2012)
- The Minister of State, Ministry of Justice (13 May 2010 to 18 Dec 2013)
- Deputy Leader of the House of Lords (13 May 2010 to 14 Oct 2013)
- Leader in the House of Lords, Spokesperson for Constitutional Affairs (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Privileges and Conduct, Committee for (L) (10 Dec 2008 to 16 Oct 2013)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Ministry of Justice (27 Jul 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Member, Conventions (Joint Committee) (22 May 2006 to 31 Oct 2006)
- Leader, House of Lords (22 Feb 2005 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Leader In the House of Lords (22 Feb 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
- Member, Procedure Committee (L) (2 Dec 2004 to 16 Oct 2013)
- Member, Privileges and Conduct, Committee for (L) (2 Dec 2004 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Liaison Committee (L) (2 Dec 2004 to 16 Oct 2013)
- Member, House Committee (L) (1 Dec 2004 to 16 Oct 2013)
- Member, Selection, Committee of (L) (24 Nov 2004 to 16 Oct 2013)
- Deputy Leader, House of Lords (26 Jan 2004 to 15 Nov 2004)
- Shadow Minister (Broadcasting), Culture, Media & Sport (26 Jan 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
- Member, Draft Communications Bill (Joint Committee) (29 Apr 2002 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Public Service, Committee on (30 Apr 1996 to 19 Nov 1998)
- Member, Consolidation etc. Bills (Joint Committee) (3 May 1979 to 9 Jun 1983)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (3 May 1979 to 15 May 1987)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 6 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 71.81% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 17 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 29 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord McNally’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1304 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from