Hardly ever rebels against their party in their last parliament
How Lord Archer of Sandwell voted on key issues since 2001
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquestsDetails
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schoolsDetails
- Voted very strongly for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted very strongly for introducing ID cardsDetails
- Voted strongly for the hunting banDetails
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate changeDetails
- Voted strongly for equal gay rightsDetails
- Voted very strongly for a stricter asylum systemDetails
More on their full record
Since the noble Lord was kind enough to tempt me to my feet, would he agree that many local tribunals and public bodies lead lonely lives, and that the great contribution of a central body is that it can collect and disseminate experience and best practice? If that were missing, everyone's performance would suffer.
I thank the noble Earl for repeating the Statement and recognise his readiness to listen to and act on representations, but will he also recognise the efforts of a vast number of people of all political parties and none who have worked assiduously for a very long time to ensure that financial relief of a proper order is made available to those who have suffered from the tragedy and to their...
In the absence of my noble friend Lord Corbett of Castle Vale, and at his request, I beg leave to ask the Question in his name on the Order Paper.
More of Lord Archer of Sandwell's recent appearances
Former Labour Peer
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Intelligence and Security (Cabinet Office) Committee (to 12 Oct 2004)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 70.91% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 10 people are tracking this peer
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 155 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)