This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Alton of Liverpool’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Alton of Liverpool
- Became a Lord in 1997
- Send a message to Lord Alton of Liverpool (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Alton of Liverpool voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Has never voted on the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted strongly against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Upcoming Business – Lords: Grand Committee (16 Jan 2014)
“The progress that has been made in the funding of research into mesothelioma – Earl Howe.”
- Criminal Defence Service (Very High Cost Cases) (Funding) Order 2013 — Motion to Annul (11 Dec 2013)
“My Lords, perhaps a non-lawyer might be permitted to detain your Lordships’ House for just a few moments. Although I am not a lawyer, I have a daughter who has this year qualified as a barrister and should declare that. I was particularly struck by what my noble friend Lady Deech said in her remarks earlier on, when she reminded us of the deleterious effect that the Government’s...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Homeless Families (11 Dec 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government how many children they estimate to be living in Britain in bed and breakfast or temporary accommodation.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 39 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 247 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 41.86% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 22 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Alton of Liverpool’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 383 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)