How Baroness Amos voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Has never voted on a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Has never voted on university tuition feesDetails
- Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per yearDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integrationDetails
- Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Baroness Amos hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
My Lords, further to the Minister's reply to the noble Lord, Lord Hannay of Chiswick, will he clarify whether we continue to have an Africa conflict prevention pool to work in a co-ordinated way on conflict prevention issues on the African continent, and whether that budget has been cut?
My Lords, I thank my noble friend Lady Massey for opening today's debate on an issue that is not only of current importance to our society but crucial to the future well-being of our nation. I shall focus on the interconnectedness between educational achievement, family and community support, and the importance of aspiration and self-belief in our young people. When the Prime Minister...
More of Baroness Amos's recent appearances
Became a Lord in 1997
Other offices held in the past
- President of the Council, Privy Council Office (6 Oct 2003 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Secretary of State, Department for International Development (12 May 2003 to 5 Oct 2003)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Foreign & Commonwealth Office (11 Jun 2001 to 12 May 2003)
- Baronesses in Waiting, HM Household (28 Jul 1998 to 11 Jun 2001)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 52.50% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 24 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Amos’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 822 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.