A selection of Baroness Amos's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Has never voted on university tuition fees Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
Has never voted on a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Amos’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Amos’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, further to the Minister's reply to the noble Lord, Lord Hannay of Chiswick, will he clarify whether we continue to have an Africa conflict prevention pool to work in a co-ordinated way on conflict prevention issues on the African continent, and whether that budget has been cut?
My Lords, I thank my noble friend Lady Massey for opening today's debate on an issue that is not only of current importance to our society but crucial to the future well-being of our nation. I shall focus on the interconnectedness between educational achievement, family and community support, and the importance of aspiration and self-belief in our young people. When the Prime Minister...
More of Baroness Amos’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 24 September 1997
Party was Labour until 25 Oct 2009
Other offices held in the past
- President of the Council, Privy Council Office (6 Oct 2003 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Secretary of State, Department for International Development (12 May 2003 to 5 Oct 2003)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Foreign & Commonwealth Office (11 Jun 2001 to 12 May 2003)
- Baronesses in Waiting, HM Household (28 Jul 1998 to 11 Jun 2001)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- People have made 6 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 24 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Amos’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 822 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from