Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament
How Lord Dykes voted on key issues
- Voted very strongly for laws to stop climate changeDetails
- Voted very strongly against the hunting banDetails
- Voted very strongly against introducing ID cardsDetails
- Voted very strongly for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rightsDetails
- Voted against allowing ministers to intervene in inquestsDetails
- Voted very strongly against greater autonomy for schoolsDetails
- Voted very strongly against a stricter asylum systemDetails
More on their full record
How long will it be before the completion of the new north Oxford to London line?
To restore public confidence, should not these institutions be genuine, single, self-standing schools without these rather dodgy business connections where chains are using taxpayers’ money which may not be properly audited?
Does my noble friend agree that, if children from poorer families go to rather grand private schools, they can sometimes have a rather rough time when they first arrive and so on? What measures can the Government encourage those schools to take to make it socially easier for them to integrate?
More of Lord Dykes's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Other offices held in the past
- Spokesperson for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Spokesperson for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Cap Reform), Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (10 Jan 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Europe), Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (1 Jun 2005 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (22 Feb 2005 to 1 Jun 2005)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 22 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 41 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 73.51% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 8 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 2 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Dykes’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 208 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)