A selection of Lord Dykes's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Has never voted on a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
Generally voted against university tuition fees Show votes
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Dykes’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Dykes’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government when they expect to announce the results of their discussions about the European Union reform agenda with other member states.
I thank the Minister for that Answer. I hope I will not embarrass her if I express great commiseration and sympathy for the task ahead for her and fellow Ministers with this portfolio. As Kenneth Clarke said very recently of Eurosceptic Tory MPs: “They want us to leave, they don’t want reform … They are all right-wing nationalists”. What on earth will the Government do...
More of Lord Dykes’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords on 14 July 2004
Previously MP for Harrow East until 8 April 1997 — General election
Positions held at time of appointment: Associate Member, Quilter, Hilton, Goodison Stockbrokers. (from Number 10 press release)
Entered the House of Commons on 18 June 1970 — General election
Also represented Harrow East
Other offices held in the past
- Spokesperson for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Spokesperson for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Cap Reform), Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (10 Jan 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Europe), Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (1 Jun 2005 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (22 Feb 2005 to 1 Jun 2005)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 176 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 8 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 73.66% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 72 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 4 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Dykes’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 223 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from