How Baroness Kennedy of The Shaws voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Source
Voted very strongly against university tuition fees Source
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Source
Voted very strongly against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Voted moderately against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Has never voted on a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Get email notifications when Baroness Kennedy of The Shaws speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Baroness Kennedy of The Shaws quite often rebelled against their party in this parliament
Investigating breaches of international law by state and non-state actors in Syria – Baroness Kennedy of The Shaws.
My Lords, I declare an interest as a member of the Joint Committee on Human Rights. I have a number of amendments in this group and they all relate to judicial oversight of the powers to remove passports and travel documents. They are all ways of giving weight to the right to a fair hearing, as provided by Article 6 of the European convention. Basically, they are ways of making the oversight...
My Lords, I share the horror that has been expressed in this House about the events that took place last week in Paris. They followed on the real revulsion that we all shared about the barbaric killings by ISIL in northern Iraq. Those were the precursors of this Bill. It would be all too easy to write a blank cheque to Government to do whatever it takes to counter terrorism when we have just...
More of Baroness Kennedy of The Shaws's recent appearances
Became a Lord in 1997
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 26.92% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 22 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Kennedy of The Shaws’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 201 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from