A selection of Baroness Whitaker's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Whitaker’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Whitaker’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, the housing crisis, our badly stretched planning capacity and the desperate plight of the small minority repeatedly deprived of legitimate housing show that the Government are right to look for a new approach. Planning is essential to achieve the necessary numbers of homes, built to a decent standard. This is what I shall mainly focus on. I declare an interest as an honorary fellow...
To ask Her Majesty’s Government how many Syrian Dom people will be included in the 20,000 refugees selected to be given refuge in the UK.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they consider the work undertaken by Thames Valley Police in their newly published review of good practice in policing local Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities to be innovative; and what plans they have to encourage other police forces to undertake a similar approach to policy and practice in their areas.
More of Baroness Whitaker’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1999
Currently held offices
- Member, Built Environment Committee (since 11 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Draft Bribery Bill (Joint Committee) (11 May 2009 to 16 Jul 2009)
- Member, Intergovernmental Organisations Committee (15 Nov 2007 to 7 Jul 2008)
- Member, Draft Corruption Bill (Joint Committee) (24 Mar 2003 to 31 Jul 2003)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (3 Jul 2001 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F (12 Dec 2000 to 7 Nov 2002)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 15 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 8 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 82.04% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 14 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Whitaker’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 176 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from