This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Gordon of Strathblane’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Gordon of Strathblane
We’re missing a photo of Lord Gordon of Strathblane. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1997
- Send a message to Lord Gordon of Strathblane (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Gordon of Strathblane voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted very strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Sometimes rebels against their party.
- Media Convergence: Communications Committee Report — Motion to Take Note (30 Oct 2013)
“My Lords, it is a great pleasure immediately to follow the noble Lord, Lord Inglewood, and thus be the first to have an opportunity to congratulate him not only on securing this debate but on his skilful chairmanship, navigating us through the undergrowth of a very difficult subject, which could easily have led us off in tangential directions. Instead, we managed to focus on some main issues,...”
- Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill: Committee (1st Day) (17 Jun 2013)
“Will the noble Lord, on reconsideration, delete “lower status” and just say “different status”?”
- Scotland — Question (18 Oct 2012)
“Does the noble Lord agree that independence is a moving feast, as reflected in the concern shown on all sides of the House about the question? I regard Scotland as an independent country at the moment but I am happy to renew my marriage vows with England. The key question is: does Scotland want to leave the UK? The matter must be closely focused on that single issue. Otherwise it will be lost...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 62.57% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 0 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Gordon of Strathblane’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 88 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)