Lord Gordon of Strathblane

Labour

Voting Summary More Here

How Lord Gordon of Strathblane voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.

  • Voted very strongly against fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
  • Has never voted on a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
  • Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per yearDetails
  • Voted very strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
  • Voted very strongly for more EU integrationDetails
  • Has never voted on university tuition feesDetails

See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.

Lord Gordon of Strathblane occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament

Recent appearances

  • Scotland: Independence Referendum — Motion to Take Note 30 Jan 2014

    My Lords, it is a great pleasure to follow the noble Lord, Lord Selkirk, in a debate so ably initiated by the noble Lord, Lord Lang. By happy coincidence, the three of us were introduced to your Lordships’ House on the same day in 1997. More importantly, perhaps, this has also provided a convenient occasion for the noble Baroness, Lady Goldie, to make her maiden speech. I very much...
  • Broadcasting: Digital Radio — Question 22 Jan 2014

    My Lords, in television it takes only 80 transmitters to reach 90% of the population but it takes more than 1,000 transmitters to reach the remaining 10%. We are now at the point in radio where it is a test of our resolve on public service broadcasting because it is frankly uneconomic. Is the Minister confident that the funding is in place to roll out coverage so that we reach something like...
  • Media Convergence: Communications Committee Report — Motion to Take Note 30 Oct 2013

    My Lords, it is a great pleasure immediately to follow the noble Lord, Lord Inglewood, and thus be the first to have an opportunity to congratulate him not only on securing this debate but on his skilful chairmanship, navigating us through the undergrowth of a very difficult subject, which could easily have led us off in tangential directions. Instead, we managed to focus on some main issues,...

More of Lord Gordon of Strathblane's recent appearances

RSS feed (?)

Profile

Labour Peer

Numerology

Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this

  • Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
  • Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
  • Has voted in 62.60% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
  • People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
  • 0 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Gordon of Strathblane’s activity
  • Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 89 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)

Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body of your articles as the source of any analysis or data you get off this site.