How Lord Ashcroft voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted very strongly for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per yearDetails
- Voted moderately against more EU integrationDetails
- Voted very strongly for university tuition feesDetails
- Voted moderately for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Has never voted on a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Lord Ashcroft occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask Her Majesty’s Government, further to the Written Answer by Baroness Northover on 24 March (WA 85), what subjects were discussed at, and what were the conclusions of, the workshops held between scientists and members of local communities; and what assessment the Department for International Development has made of the value for money of those workshops.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they have assessed the judicial process in Commonwealth countries; if so, whether they have concerns about any of the countries; and, if so, which countries.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether United Kingdom aid has funded projects to combat climate change in South America, including a scheme to improve animal diets by cultivating trees and plants in such a way to reduce the amount of methane escaping through belching and flatulence; and, if so, how much was spent and what was the result of that project.
More of Lord Ashcroft's recent appearances
Other offices held in the past
- Deputy Chairman (Field Campaigning), The Conservative Party (4 Jun 2008 to 19 Jan 2009)
- Deputy Chairman (Field Campaigning and Opinion Research), The Conservative Party (9 Jul 2007 to 4 Jun 2008)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 68 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 15.85% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 33 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Ashcroft’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 5 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.