How Lord Astor of Hever voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Voted very strongly for university tuition fees Source
Voted very strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Voted very strongly for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Source
Voted moderately against more EU integration Source
Has never voted on a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Get email notifications when Lord Astor of Hever speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Lord Astor of Hever hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
The Government wants to bring the cadet experience to as many young people as possible. That is why we have introduced the Cadet Expansion Programme, which is on track to deliver 100 new cadet units in state-funded secondary schools in England by 2015. We are now looking at the best way of funding Combined Cadet Forces and are running a consultation to gather information from schools. No...
As set out in the Defence Equipment Plan 2013, the £4.7 billion contingency provision available at the end of Annual Budget 13 is intended to provide protection for the core equipment programme. This means the funding would be released to wherever it was required, whether for equipment procurement or equipment support projects, against unexpected cost growth in addition to the financial...
More of Lord Astor of Hever's recent appearances
Became a Lord in 1984
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 25 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Has voted in 66.63% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 14 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 19 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Astor of Hever’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 538 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from