This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Astor of Hever’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Astor of Hever
We’re missing a photo of Lord Astor of Hever. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1984
- Send a message to Lord Astor of Hever (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Astor of Hever voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted very strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted very strongly against more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Written Answers — House of Lords: British Embassies: Military Attachés (11 Dec 2013)
“The Defence Attaché network is funded from the Defence budget. The costs for the years detailed were: • 2009-2010—£36.260M• 2010-2011—£38.958M • 2011-2012—£41.323M• 2012-2013—£41.092M The Defence Sections in question each have one or more resident Defence Attaches, some of whom have responsibilities for other countries...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Drones (11 Dec 2013)
“NATO is not currently examining such proposals directly.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: RAF Menwith Hill (11 Dec 2013)
“The use of RAF Menwith Hill by the United States Visiting Forces is no longer subject to a renewable Security of Tenure Arrangement.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Has voted in 65.66% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 19 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Astor of Hever’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 503 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)