How Lord Avebury voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Has never voted on a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted moderately for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted very strongly for university tuition feesDetails
- Voted very strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Voted very strongly for fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted very strongly for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per yearDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Lord Avebury sometimes rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what operations are conducted by the Port Medical Inspector in the space adjacent to the detention facilities in Heathrow Terminal 4; what plans Heathrow Airports Limited has for relocating that work elsewhere, including the timing of the move; and why Heathrow Airports Limited has not yet appointed a project manager for the work to upgrade the detention...
My Lords, I welcome the agreement between the parties that representatives of the people displaced by the conflict will take part in the peace talks. Will the representatives be selected by IGAD or by some other means, and if so, what will be the process? Will the talks to be started on Wednesday cover the details of how the transitional Government of national unity is to be established?
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what steps they have taken or propose to take to remedy the shortcomings identified by the United Nations Committee Against Torture in the United Kingdom’s compliance with the United Nations Convention against Torture in May 2013 in relation to (1) the alleged torture of Tamil returnees from the United Kingdom, (2) the lack of accountability in...
More of Lord Avebury's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Became a Lord in 1971
Other offices held in the past
- Spokesperson for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Spokesperson for the Home Office (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Africa), Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (21 Mar 2006 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (With Special Responsibility for Africa), Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (1 Jun 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Civil Liberties), Home Affairs (1 Jun 2005 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (22 Feb 2005 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (26 Jan 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 48 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 91 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 58.70% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 10 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 46 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Avebury’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1055 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.