How Lord Avebury voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Voted moderately for more EU integration Source
Voted very strongly for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Source
Voted very strongly for university tuition fees Source
Voted very strongly for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Has never voted on a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Get email notifications when Lord Avebury speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Lord Avebury sometimes rebelled against their party in this parliament
Progress of the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation in its review of the adult pneumococcal disease programme – Lord Avebury.
My Lords, the misnamed “Arab spring” has not yielded the arrival of democratic government, the rule of law and human rights anywhere in the region. In Palestine, as we know, creeping occupation of the West Bank makes a two-state solution increasingly implausible. In Iraq, mentioned by the noble Lord, Lord Sheikh, one sees the legacy of the misguided 2003 invasion by Anglo-US...
My Lords, further to the question of the noble Lord, Lord Ahmed, what action will my noble friend and the Government take to encourage joint action by the Governments of Pakistan and Afghanistan against the terrorists, who are a threat to both their countries?
More of Lord Avebury's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Became a Lord in 1971
Other offices held in the past
- Spokesperson for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Spokesperson for the Home Office (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Africa), Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (21 Mar 2006 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (With Special Responsibility for Africa), Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (1 Jun 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Civil Liberties), Home Affairs (1 Jun 2005 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (22 Feb 2005 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (26 Jan 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 49 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 74 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 58.50% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 10 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 45 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Avebury’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1058 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from