This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Avebury’s activity (no more than once per day)
Liberal Democrat Peer
- Became a Lord in 1971
- Send a message to Lord Avebury (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Avebury voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted very strongly against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted very strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted very strongly for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Sometimes rebels against their party.
- Upcoming Business – Lords: Main Chamber (16 Dec 2013)
“Outcome of discussions with UN High Commissioner for Human Rights on 6 November – Lord Avebury.”
- Mesothelioma — Question (5 Dec 2013)
“My Lords, does my noble friend acknowledge that the £3 million has run out and that there is a danger that the talented clinicians who have been working on mesothelioma as a result of that fund will move on to other subjects? However, the Association of British Insurers has told me that it would be prepared to consider a new scheme funded jointly by all employer’s liability...”
- Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria — Question (3 Dec 2013)
“Lord Avebury to ask Her Majesty’s Government what contribution the United Kingdom will make to the fourth replenishment of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 53 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 131 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 58.70% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 10 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 46 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Avebury’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1023 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)