Sometimes rebels against their party in this parliament
How Lord Avebury voted on key issues since 2001
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquestsDetails
- Voted very strongly for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rightsDetails
- Voted very strongly against a stricter asylum systemDetails
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schoolsDetails
- Voted very strongly against introducing ID cardsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting banDetails
- Voted very strongly for laws to stop climate changeDetails
More on their full record
My Lords, given that Uganda is treated as a safe country under Section 94 of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002, when was the country of origin information service report on Uganda last revised?
To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they have any plans to repeal the Town Police Clauses Act 1847.
My Lords, Clause 14 circumscribes the freedom of the courts to interpret Article 8 of the ECHR dealing with the right to respect for private and family life. We know from the Minister’s reply to an earlier amendment and from paragraph 18 of the letter that he wrote to noble Lords after Second Reading that there are to be further restrictions in the rules and guidance about what the...
More of Lord Avebury's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Other offices held in the past
- Spokesperson for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Spokesperson for the Home Office (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Africa), Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (21 Mar 2006 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (With Special Responsibility for Africa), Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (1 Jun 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Civil Liberties), Home Affairs (1 Jun 2005 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (22 Feb 2005 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (26 Jan 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 53 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 126 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 58.74% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 10 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 46 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Avebury’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1034 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)