A selection of Lord Avebury's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Has never voted on a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Avebury’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Avebury’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they plan to direct Heathrow Airports Limited under section 25(1) of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 to provide short-term holding facilities in accordance with designs agreed for Terminals 3 and 4; and if so, when work on these facilities is expected to begin, and to be completed.
My Lords, the coalition Government produced the Strategy for Abolition of the Death Penalty 2010-2015, but that does not appear to have been succeeded by another strategy covering the years 2015 to 2020. Will that happen? Perhaps I may also ask the Minister about the case of Saudi Arabia. The Foreign Office website points out that 100 executions have taken place there so far this year and...
My Lords, I join in the congratulations that have been expressed to my noble friend Lord Alton for the powerful way in which he introduced this debate, and indeed for the consistent and wonderful way in which he always defends the rights of people’s religious freedom. On no occasion have I heard him speak more powerfully on the subject than he did today. My old friend Dennis Wrigley,...
More of Lord Avebury’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1971
Other offices held in the past
- Spokesperson for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Spokesperson for the Home Office (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Africa), Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (21 Mar 2006 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (With Special Responsibility for Africa), Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (1 Jun 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Civil Liberties), Home Affairs (1 Jun 2005 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (22 Feb 2005 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (26 Jan 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 57 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 77 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 58.06% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 43 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Avebury’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1074 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from