To ask Her Majesty’s Government when the Ministry of Justice last reviewed the provisions of the Registration of Burials Act 1864 under section 149 of the Equality Act 2010.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether, following the fifth UN joint statement on human rights in Bahrain, they have discussed with the government of Bahrain the cases of opposition leaders Sheikh Ali Salman, Ibrahim Sharif, Fadhel Abbas, and Majid Milad; and if so, with what results.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what information they have about (1) the levels of malnutrition and disease among children in each of the camps for internally displaced people in Darfur, and (2) the plans of the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs to deal with those problems.
More of Lord Avebury’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1971
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (16 May 2013 to 18 Nov 2013)
- Member, EU Sub Committee F - Home Affairs, Health and Education (17 May 2012 to 21 May 2013)
- Spokesperson for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Spokesperson for the Home Office (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F - Home Affairs (9 Dec 2008 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, Intergovernmental Organisations Committee (15 Nov 2007 to 7 Jul 2008)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Africa), Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (21 Mar 2006 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Civil Liberties), Home Affairs (1 Jun 2005 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (With Special Responsibility for Africa), Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (1 Jun 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (22 Feb 2005 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (26 Jan 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F - Home Affairs (26 Nov 2003 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Member, Information Committee (L) (25 Nov 2002 to 7 May 2005)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F (13 Nov 2002 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, Committee On Religious Offences (15 May 2002 to 10 Apr 2003)
- Member, Library and Computers Sub Committee (29 Jun 1983 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (L) (31 Jan 1980 to 28 Oct 1982)
- Member, Library and Computers Sub Committee (15 Mar 1978 to 13 Nov 1980)
- Member, House of Lords Offices Committee (20 Nov 1975 to 22 Nov 1976)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 58 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 78 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 58.06% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 43 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Avebury’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1074 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from