This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Joffe’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Joffe. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 22 February 2000
- Send a message to Lord Joffe (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Joffe voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted strongly against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Has never voted on the hunting ban. votes
- Has never voted on introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Nelson Mandela — Tributes: 2 .45 pm (9 Dec 2013)
“My Lords, on Monday, 24 April 1964, Nelson Mandela, on trial for his life for planning a revolution to replace the apartheid Government, delivered his historic speech from the dock at the Palace of Justice in Pretoria. He ended with the words: “I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony and with equal opportunities. It is...”
- Assisted Dying — Question for Short Debate (13 Feb 2012)
“My Lords, because the Director of Public Prosecutions can only interpret but not change the law, the policy puts members of society at risk for two reasons. First, patients have to rely not on doctors but on individuals who have no experience to assist them to die, which will result in botched suicides. Secondly, safeguards are needed before the patient ends his or her life and not after it...”
- Personal Care at Home Bill: Second Reading (Continued) (1 Feb 2010)
“My Lords, I was a member of the Royal Commission on Long-Term Care for the Elderly, which reported in 1999, and with my noble friend Lord Lipsey, co-authored the minority report of that commission in which we opposed the case made by the majority for free personal care for all, financed from taxation. The opposition came from us despite our high regard for the chairman of the commission, the...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 14.33% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 20 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Joffe’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 81 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)