How Lord Falconer of Thoroton voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Voted very strongly against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Voted very strongly against university tuition fees Source
Voted moderately for more EU integration Source
Voted very strongly against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Source
Has never voted on a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Get email notifications when Lord Falconer of Thoroton votes in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Lord Falconer of Thoroton hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
My Lords, to the usual channels—the noble Baroness, Lady Anelay, and my noble friend Lord Bassam—I express my profound gratitude for arranging a remarkable debate, which has had 133 speakers in one day. The quality of the speeches has been second to none. To those who have expressed support for my Bill, I also express profound gratitude. To those who have opposed it, I express my...
My Lords, in the last stages of a terminal illness, there are people who wish to end their life rather than struggle for the last few months, weeks, days or hours. Often it is not the pain that motivates such a wish, but the loss of independence and dignity. Those who love them often try to help, sometimes by going with them to Switzerland. Nobody wants assisters who are motivated by...
More of Lord Falconer of Thoroton's recent appearances
Became a Lord in 1997
Other offices held in the past
- Secretary of State, Ministry of Justice (9 May 2007 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Speaker's Committee (4 Oct 2006 to 12 Oct 2006)
- Secretary of State, Department for Constitutional Affairs (13 Jun 2003 to 9 May 2007)
- Minister of State (Criminal Policy), Home Office (29 May 2002 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Minister of State (Housing and Planning), Department for Transport, Local Government and the Regions (11 Jun 2001 to 29 May 2002)
- Minister of State, Cabinet Office (28 Jul 1998 to 11 Jun 2001)
- Solicitor General, Law Officers' Department (5 May 1997 to 28 Jul 1998)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 47.72% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 13 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 17 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Falconer of Thoroton’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1623 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from