Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament
How Lord Falconer of Thoroton voted on key issues since 2001
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquestsDetails
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schoolsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting banDetails
- Voted moderately against laws to stop climate changeDetails
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rightsDetails
- Voted strongly for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted strongly for a stricter asylum systemDetails
- Voted very strongly for introducing ID cardsDetails
More on their full record
My Lords, we should move on from the guidance, which does not work legally or practically. Its effect is that the Director of Public Prosecutions essentially decides whether to prosecute based on the defendant’s motive, which is not an issue in any trial under Section 2, so the decision is made without the putative defendant having any opportunity to challenge the evidence on which not...
My Lords, these amendments in effect fall into two categories. First, on dealing with the carryover of the register up to 2016, the noble Lord, Lord Wallace of Saltaire, will be aware that an amendment similar to the one that he has put down was moved in Committee. We of course welcome the fact that he has extended the carryover period to 1 December 2016. I welcome it for the reasons that...
More of Lord Falconer of Thoroton's recent appearances
Other offices held in the past
- Secretary of State, Ministry of Justice (9 May 2007 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Speaker's Committee (4 Oct 2006 to 12 Oct 2006)
- Secretary of State, Department for Constitutional Affairs (13 Jun 2003 to 9 May 2007)
- Minister of State (Criminal Policy), Home Office (29 May 2002 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Minister of State (Housing and Planning), Department for Transport, Local Government and the Regions (11 Jun 2001 to 29 May 2002)
- Minister of State, Cabinet Office (28 Jul 1998 to 11 Jun 2001)
- Solicitor General, Law Officers' Department (5 May 1997 to 28 Jul 1998)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 48.02% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 13 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 16 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Falconer of Thoroton’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1622 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)