The Government does not regulate the minimum leg room to accommodate tall people seated on buses, underground and railway trains and United Kingdom operated aeroplanes. Accessibility legislation for buses, underground and railway trains does require extra, defined amounts of clearance at certain percentages of seats in order to enable persons of reduced mobility to use those seats...
My Lords,I owe the most extraordinary thanks to two of the most brilliant colleagues, the noble Baroness, Lady Verma, and the noble Lord, Lord Ahmad. I also regret the fact that, sadly, the noble Lord, Lord Jenkin, may not be here again on another Bill. We shall desperately miss him. I beg to move the privilege amendment. A privilege amendment was made. Bill passed and sent to the Commons.
My Lords, I think that we are all at the same place on this. My argument against the amendments of the noble Baroness, Lady Royall, is that they are unnecessary, because the issue is entirely covered in the language that I hope we will be bringing into the Bill through amendment, if your Lordships agree. The amendments prevent the transfer of any land held by the Secretary of State that has...
More of Baroness Kramer's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords on 10 January 2011
Previously MP for Richmond Park until 12 April 2010 — General election (stood again)
Entered House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Also represented Richmond Park
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Schools and Families
- Home Department
- Departmental ICT
- Waterloo Station
- Departmental Staff
- Cluster Munitions
- Pre-School Education: Finance
Other offices held in the past
- Cabinet Office (20 Dec 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Member, Crossrail Bill Committee (15 Nov 2007 to 22 Nov 2007)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Transport, Transport (4 Jul 2007 to 20 Dec 2007)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Trade & Industry, Trade & Industry (19 Dec 2006 to 4 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Secretary of State for International Development, International Development (21 Mar 2006 to 19 Dec 2006)
- Member, Treasury Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 26 Apr 2006)
- Shadow Minister, Treasury (1 Jun 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 89.08% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 71 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Kramer’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 189 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
1. Remunerated directorships
Infrastructure Capital Partners Ltd (London); financial consulting on infrastructure projects (unremunerated).
Speciality Scanners Plc (London); developers of dedicated magnetic resonance scanners for breast cancer diagnosis and management; not at present remunerated directly but options held in lieu of fees.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Fee of £150 to be received for completing a survey for IPSOS
/Mori, 79-81 Borough Road, London, SE1 1FY, on 30 June 2009. Hours: 1.5hrs. Fee to be donated to charity. (Registered 14 July 2009).
4. Sponsorship or financial or material support
Donation to my constituency
party campaign fund from Giles Wilkes, of Putney. (Registered 26 March 2009)
Address of donor: Park Avenue, London, SW14 8RG
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Received a bunch of flowers for handing out prizes and giving a speech. Hours: 1.5hrs. Estimated value: £15.
Date of receipt: 9 July 2009
Date of acceptance: 9 July 2009
Donor status: School
(Registered 14 July 2009).
8. Land and Property
Interest in a family trust which owns and manages a ranch in California, USA
, from which rental income is received.
Interest in a holiday flat in Southern Spain.
9. Registrable shareholdings
(a) Infrastructure Capital Partners Ltd (London).
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from