A selection of Lord Willis of Knaresborough's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Almost always voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Generally voted against university tuition fees Show votes
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Willis of Knaresborough’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Willis of Knaresborough’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government, in the light of the Department of Health mandate to NHS England, which requires it to "ensure that the new commissioning system promotes and supports participation by NHS organisations and NHS patients in research funded by both commercial and non-commercial organisations", what progress has been made in achieving that objective, and how they record such...
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what consideration they have given to involving appropriate regulators in the development of degree-level apprenticeships for nursing and other allied health professionals.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what assessment they have made of the prospective impact on the education and training of Registered Nurses of the UK leaving the EU.
More of Lord Willis of Knaresborough’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords on 7 July 2010
Previously MP for Harrogate and Knaresborough until 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Also represented Harrogate and Knaresborough
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Education and Skills
- Home Department
- Universities and Skills
- Trade and Industry
- Departmental Domestic Visits
- Higher Education
- Teacher Training
Currently held offices
- Member, NHS Sustainability Committee (since 25 May 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Chair, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (Higher education in STEM subjects) (13 Sep 2011 to 17 Jul 2012)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Lords) (27 Oct 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chairman, Commons Science and Technology Committee (7 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Chair, Commons Science and Technology Committee (1 Oct 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Chairman, Innovation, Universities, Science and Skills Committee (18 Apr 2008 to 7 Oct 2009)
- Chair, Innovation, Universities, Science and Skills Committee (10 Mar 2008 to 30 Sep 2009)
- Chairman, Innovation, Universities and Skills Committee (6 Feb 2008 to 18 Apr 2008)
- Chair, Innovation, Universities and Skills Committee (14 Nov 2007 to 10 Mar 2008)
- Member, Innovation, Universities and Skills Committee (9 Nov 2007 to 14 Nov 2007)
- Member, Innovation, Universities and Skills Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 6 Feb 2008)
- Chairman, Draft Human Tissue and Embryos Bill (Joint Committee) (18 May 2007 to 3 Jun 2008)
- Chair, Draft Human Tissue and Embryos Bill (Joint Committee) (15 May 2007 to 8 Aug 2007)
- Member, Draft Human Tissue and Embryos Bill (Joint Committee) (14 May 2007 to 18 May 2007)
- Member, Draft Human Tissue and Embryos Bill (Joint Committee) (2 May 2007 to 15 May 2007)
- Chairman, Science and Technology Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 20 Aug 2008)
- Member, Liaison Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (20 Jul 2005 to 1 Nov 2005)
- Chair, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (13 Jul 2005 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (11 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Education and Skills, Education & Skills (26 Jan 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Member, Education & Employment Committee (29 Mar 1999 to 13 Nov 2000)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Articles written for journal. Address: People and Science, The British Science Association, Wellcome Wolfson Building, 165 Queens's Gate, London SW7 5HD.
Received payment for one article written before July 2009. (Registered 10 January 2010)
Received payment of £220 for one article. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 10 January 2010)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from