Quite often rebels against their party in this parliament
How Baroness Tonge voted on key issues since 2001
- Voted very strongly against introducing foundation hospitalsDetails
- Voted very strongly for laws to stop climate changeDetails
- Voted for encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Voted strongly against introducing ID cardsDetails
- Voted against allowing ministers to intervene in inquestsDetails
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rightsDetails
- Voted very strongly for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted very strongly for the hunting banDetails
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPsDetails
- Voted very strongly for an investigation into the Iraq warDetails
- Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted moderately for a smoking banDetails
- Voted very strongly against a stricter asylum systemDetails
- Voted very strongly against Labour's anti-terrorism lawsDetails
- Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Voted strongly against greater autonomy for schoolsDetails
More on their full record
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what representations they have made to the government of Israel concerning the reported shooting of two young Palestinian footballers on 31 January.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether their delegation at the United Nations Commission on Population and Development in New York in April will raise the case for (1) a full package of sexual and reproductive health rights, and (2) an expanded International Conference on Population and Development Programme of Action, to be included in the post-2015 development agenda.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what discussions they have had concerning the imposition of sanctions against the government of Bahrain until it complies with international human rights law.
More of Baroness Tonge's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Other offices held in the past
- Spokesperson for Health (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Health (27 Jul 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 17 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 183 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2005, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 55.54% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 37 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Tonge’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 139 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)