My Lords, the truth is that we are now three-quarters of the way to a federal system in the United Kingdom, and it is urgent that the matter is resolved now, by whatever means, rather than at a point of crisis, when a decision may be taken to impose on England something which is deeply unpopular in England and for which England has not voted but for which a majority has been created through a...
Will my noble friend agree that older empty-nesters often wish to have their grandchildren or other visitors come to stay with them? There is a myth that when people downsize—which does free up housing for families—they somehow want to go into specialist, tiny homes for people with great needs at the end of their lives. That is not actually the key to unlocking family homes: the...
My Lords, I should first declare my interest as chair of the National Housing Federation, which represents the housing associations across England. I will speak briefly, on a personal basis, to say that I cannot support the Government’s policy on this. I believe it was misjudged in the first place and we are rapidly seeing the proof in the pudding. I cannot support something that...
More of Lord Taylor of Goss Moor's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords on 22 July 2010
Previously MP for Truro and St Austell until 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Entered House of Commons on 12 March 1987 — unknown
Also represented Truro and St Austell; Truro
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Porton Down
- Data Protection Act
- Special Advisers
- Departmental Communications
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Social Exclusion), Cabinet Office (17 Aug 2006 to 23 Jan 2007)
- Social Exclusion, Cross-Portfolio and Non-Portfolio Responsibilities (17 Aug 2006 to 23 Jan 2007)
- Chair of the Parliamentary Party (26 Jan 2004 to 16 Jun 2005)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 6 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 39.32% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 52 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Taylor of Goss Moor’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 11 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
Chair of National Housing Federation
, a limited company operating on a not for profit basis; the representative body for independent non-profit social landlords in England, whose principal role is to provide and manage affordable housing. The Federation
supports and promotes the work of Housing Associations, and campaigns for better housing and neighbourhoods. Time commitment is 3 days a month, and payment made through Taylor & Garner Ltd (see category 2 below).
South West Water Ltd (non-executive).
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Monthly column for Cornwall Today
. (Up to £5,000) Payment of £250 per column paid quarterly through Taylor & Garner Ltd.
Company secretary of Taylor & Garner Ltd; company formed with my wife to undertake writing, broadcasting and consultancy.
8. Land and Property
Flat in London, from which rental income is received.
9. Registrable shareholdings
(a) Taylor & Garner Ltd.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from