To ask Her Majesty’s Government how much was spent on first class air travel by the Department for International Development in the latest convenient period; and what was the justification for such expenditure.
It has been 13 years since I ceased to represent part of my city in the other place. My former constituents would not thank me if I started to play a party-political game here, so I have only one question. Will Sir Bob Kerslake’s review of governance look at the splitting of the city into three boroughs? London is no less London for having 32 boroughs dealing with social services and...
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what was the ranking of the United Kingdom in the Health at a glance 2013: OECD indicators report for (1) infant mortality, (2) numbers of MRI and CT scanners, (3) low birth weight infants, (4) overweight and obesity amongst adults, (5) mortality from cardiovascular disease, (6) mortality from cancer, and (7) life expectancy at 65; and what plans they...
More of Lord Rooker's recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 21 June 2001
Previously MP for Birmingham, Perry Barr until 14 May 2001 — General election
Entered House of Commons on 28 February 1974 — General election
Also represented Birmingham, Perry Barr
Other offices held in the past
- Minister of State (Sustainable Farming, Food and Animal Welfare), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (19 Oct 2007 to 6 Oct 2008)
- Minister of State (Sustainable Food and Farming and Animal Health), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (28 Sep 2007 to 19 Oct 2007)
- Minister of State, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (28 Jun 2007 to 28 Sep 2007)
- Minister of State (Sustainable Farming and Food), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (6 Jun 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Minister of State, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (10 May 2006 to 6 Jun 2006)
- Minister of State, Northern Ireland Office (11 May 2005 to 10 May 2006)
- Minister of State (Regeneration and Regional Development), Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (29 May 2002 to 11 May 2005)
- Minister of State (Asylum and Immigration), Home Office (11 Jun 2001 to 29 May 2002)
- Minister of State, Department of Social Security (28 Jul 1999 to 8 Jun 2001)
- Minister of State, Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (5 May 1997 to 28 Jul 1999)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 27 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 68.78% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 21 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 24 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Rooker’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2028 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.