Never rebels against their party in this parliament
How Lord Bannside voted on key issues since 2001
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schoolsDetails
- Has never voted on laws to stop climate changeDetails
- Has never voted on increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a stricter asylum systemDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted moderately against equal gay rightsDetails
- Voted moderately against Labour's anti-terrorism lawsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Voted very strongly against introducing foundation hospitalsDetails
- Has never voted on a transparent ParliamentDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integrationDetails
- Has never voted on a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted strongly against introducing ID cardsDetails
- Has never voted on the hunting banDetails
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPsDetails
- Voted moderately against allowing ministers to intervene in inquestsDetails
- Voted very strongly for a smoking banDetails
- Voted moderately for an investigation into the Iraq warDetails
More on well-known issues (from the Guardian) & their full record
My Lords, as the representative for North Antrim in another place at the time of this happening, this is a sad day. Yet it has some gladness about it, because the record of the two men concerned is now clear. That is a great relief to the families and to those of us who have followed this carefully. I, as the MP for that area, followed it very carefully and in fact raised it in another place....
It seems that some of us are finishing our course. It is 41 years since I walked in here as an elected Member for my constituency in Antrim. Now, I feel as if I look only 41, but that is not so, for the facts are against us. We are all moving away from youth to middle age. When we look at one another, we see that we have spread a bit in our middle age and are weakening in our old age....
My Lords, I am sure that we are glad of the Statement that we heard from the Minister tonight. However, I will stress one matter. Why did this come as a terrible surprise to the people in this area? Were the Government not aware that the matter was underneath the surface? We welcome the European part of the question. That must be worked on, because we need strong resistance to what has taken...
More of Lord Bannside's recent appearances
DUP Peer, Former DUP MLA for North Antrim
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Northern Ireland
- Constitutional Affairs
- Terrorist Attacks
- Northern Ireland Police Fund
- Bioscience and Technology Institute
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 9.69% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 65 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Bannside’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)