Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament
How Lord Maxton voted on key issues since 2001
- Voted for the hunting banDetails
- Voted strongly for a stricter asylum systemDetails
- Voted very strongly for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rightsDetails
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schoolsDetails
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate changeDetails
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquestsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a smoking banDetails
- Voted very strongly for introducing ID cardsDetails
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPsDetails
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism lawsDetails
- Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
More on their full record
My Lords, I start by thanking the noble Lord, Lord Lang, for introducing this debate. I go back far enough with the noble Lord. He was the Scottish Whip and I was the opposition Scottish Whip at the same time. That was way back in the 1980s. I also congratulate the noble Baroness, Lady Goldie, or Annabel as many of us would prefer to call her, on her maiden speech and the very good way in...
My Lords, I thank the noble Lord for being slightly briefer than the time he was allowed. I also congratulate and thank my noble friend Lord Rooker for getting this debate, and for speaking so forcibly on it. Some of us, with not longer memories than that of the noble Lord, Lord Brooke, but with perhaps a more selective memory, of course remember the Rooker-Wise amendment back in the 1970s....
Well, not the debate; the debate is broad but the content so far has been limited. I am not going to talk about floods because, to be honest, I spent the period of the floods in Scotland where, although there were some floods, we did not suffer anything like as much. I spent the new year period on the Isle of Arran, where we have had worse new years than that. We live in a society that is...
More of Lord Maxton's recent appearances
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 6 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 85.25% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 2 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Maxton’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 78 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)