How Lord Mandelson voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted moderately against a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted moderately for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per yearDetails
- Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Lord Mandelson never rebelled against their party in this parliament
My Lords, we have heard some excellent speeches in this debate so far, including, charmingly, from the noble Lord, Lord Strathclyde, in a very good five-minute contribution. Having been a member of the European Commission, I think that I can talk with some experience about the need for change in the European Union. My experience has made me decidedly pro-reform of the EU, but not in favour of...
My Lords, I strongly welcome this debate and congratulate the noble Lord, Lord Greaves. Like my noble friend who has just spoken, I have been an ardent pro-railway supporter all my adult life but it is precisely for that reason that I do not support HS2, because its sheer cost will suck the very lifeblood out of the rest of the country’s rail system. Originally in government, I, along...
I would like to continue, but I will give way to the noble Lord.
More of Lord Mandelson's recent appearances
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Other offices held in the past
- President of the Council, Privy Council Office (23 Mar 2010 to 11 May 2010)
- Secretary of State, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (13 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Lord President of the Council, Privy Council Office (18 Jun 2009 to 23 Mar 2010)
- Secretary of State, Department for Business, Innovation & Skills (10 Jun 2009 to 13 Oct 2009)
- President of the Council, Privy Council Office (10 Jun 2009 to 18 Jun 2009)
- Secretary of State, Department for Business, Enterprise & Regulatory Reform (6 Oct 2008 to 10 Jun 2009)
- Secretary of State, Northern Ireland Office (11 Oct 1999 to 24 Jan 2001)
- Secretary of State, Department of Trade and Industry (27 Jul 1998 to 23 Dec 1998)
- Minister without Portfolio (5 May 1997 to 27 Jul 1998)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 21.64% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 48 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Mandelson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 109 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.