How Lord Blencathra voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted very strongly against removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Voted moderately against a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted very strongly against more EU integrationDetails
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Voted very strongly for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Lord Blencathra occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they plan to investigate United Kingdom law firms pursuing claims of unfounded abuse by British soldiers.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they plan to make it a criminal offence for medical staff to fail to report all instances of female genital mutilation.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government how much has been paid in legal aid fees over the last five years to law firms Public Interest Lawyers and Leigh Day to conduct cases alleging abuse by British soldiers.
More of Lord Blencathra's recent appearances
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Trade and Industry
- Foot and Mouth
- Ministerial Duties
- Departmental Events
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Members Estimate Committee (4 Jun 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Members Estimates Committee (20 Mar 2007 to 4 Jun 2008)
- Member, Liaison Committee (3 Aug 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Chairman, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (3 Aug 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Chairman, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (26 Jul 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (14 Jun 2006 to 26 Jul 2006)
- Opposition Chief Whip, Whips (17 Mar 2005 to 6 Dec 2005)
- Chief Whip, Parliament (10 May 2004 to 17 Mar 2005)
- Chief Whip, Whips (10 May 2004 to 17 Mar 2005)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 6 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.00% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 55 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Blencathra’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 11 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.