Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament
How Lord MacGregor of Pulham Market voted on key issues since 2001
- Voted a mixture of for and against a stricter asylum systemDetails
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism lawsDetails
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquestsDetails
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate changeDetails
- Has never voted on a smoking banDetails
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schoolsDetails
- Voted strongly against more EU integrationDetails
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPsDetails
- Voted moderately against the hunting banDetails
- Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Voted strongly against introducing ID cardsDetails
- Voted very strongly against equal gay rightsDetails
More on their full record
My Lords, I, too, thank my noble friend Lord Lang for an excellent introduction to this debate. In fact, he said so much of what I had wanted to say that I hope not to repeat it, but it was an excellent contribution. I intend to be as brief as I can be on the issues and to consider them under three headings. The first is the economic implications. The Select Committee on Economic Affairs in...
My Lords, given the need to be brief, I am tempted simply to say that I agree with my noble friend Lord Dobbs, to whom I am grateful for the way in which he introduced the Bill, and to my noble friends Lord Strathclyde and Lord Crickhowell, and then simply sit down, but I do not think that that would be quite sufficient. I want to express a few views about both the Bill and the position of...
My Lords, for a potentially dry and technical subject, we have had a lively and well informed debate. Of course, it is not a dry subject; it is a crucial one that is fundamental to the well-being of our citizens and our businesses. We have had many excellent contributions from noble Lords this evening and I thank them all. I particularly thank my noble friend Lord Lawson for his overgenerous...
More of Lord MacGregor of Pulham Market's recent appearances
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 7 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 51.48% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 7 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord MacGregor of Pulham Market’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 108 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)