Never rebels against their party in this parliament
How Baroness King of Bow voted on key issues since 2001
- Voted moderately for Labour's anti-terrorism lawsDetails
- Voted very strongly for introducing foundation hospitalsDetails
- Voted very strongly for introducing ID cardsDetails
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a smoking banDetails
- Voted very strongly for the hunting banDetails
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schoolsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate changeDetails
- Voted very strongly for a stricter asylum systemDetails
- Voted for encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Has never voted on more EU integrationDetails
- Voted very strongly against an investigation into the Iraq warDetails
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rightsDetails
- Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
More on their full record
To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether the space standards set out in section 326 of the Housing Act 1985 apply to homeless households placed in bed and breakfast accommodation, including self-contained annexes.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government, further to the Written Answer by Baroness Hanham on 27 March 2013 (WA 247) on homelessness, which Minister authorised the payment of the £72,000 grant to the London Borough of Newham under the powers set out in section 31(1) of the Local Government Act 2003.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they will require local authorities to provide details of the self-contained bed and breakfast annexes being used for homeless families so that the adequacy of the toilet, personal washing facilities and cooking facilities can be independently monitored.
More of Baroness King of Bow's recent appearances
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Other offices held in the past
- PPS (Rt Hon Patricia Hewitt, Secretary of State), Department of Trade and Industry (to 11 Apr 2005)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 5 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 34 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2005, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 55.97% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 12 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness King of Bow’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 12 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)