To ask Her Majesty’s Government what has been the level of trade between Cuba and the United Kingdom in each of the last 10 years.
My Lords, I strongly support the actions that have been proposed by Her Majesty’s Government to deal with the growing security crisis in Iraq, and I am delighted that my Front Bench has today issued its unequivocal support for that policy. The growing crisis in Iraq certainly has a direct material effect on our own security here in the UK; it certainly affects the security of our...
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what is the number and percentage of people who are members of occupation pension schemes by region in (1) England, (2) Scotland, and (3) Wales.
More of Lord Hutton of Furness's recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 1 July 2010
Previously MP for Barrow and Furness until 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Entered House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Also represented Barrow and Furness
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
Other offices held in the past
- Secretary of State, Ministry of Defence (6 Oct 2008 to 10 Jun 2009)
- Secretary of State, Department for Business, Enterprise & Regulatory Reform (28 Jun 2007 to 6 Oct 2008)
- Secretary of State, Department for Work and Pensions (3 Nov 2005 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster, Cabinet Office (11 May 2005 to 3 Nov 2005)
- Minister of State, Department of Health (11 Oct 1999 to 11 May 2005)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department of Health (27 Oct 1998 to 11 Oct 1999)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 3 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 2 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 13.33% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 83 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 64 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Hutton of Furness’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 10 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Employed by Eversheds LLP
, solicitors, 1 Wood Street, London EC1, to host and speak at a series of private dinners.
Payment of £5,500 for three days work in October 2009. (Registered 24 November 2009)
Payment of £5,500 for three days work in November 2009. (Registered 24 November 2009)
Payment of £5,500 for three days work in December 2009. (Registered 26 January 2010)
Payment of £5,500 for three days work in February 2010. (Registered 23 March 2010)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from