How Lord Grocott voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Has never voted on a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted very strongly against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per yearDetails
- Voted moderately for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted very strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Voted strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Voted moderately against university tuition feesDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Lord Grocott hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Can the Minister confirm that one of the unarguable costs of the reorganisation has been the number of people previously employed by the health service as administrators who received their redundancy settlements and pay-offs but were subsequently re-employed by the health service? Will he tell the House how much this has cost—the initial redundancy settlements, the subsequent salaries...
Will the Minister join me in celebrating the achievement of Harold Macmillan, who, in the 1950s, promised and delivered the building of 300,000 houses per year? Can she explain why the achievement of that Conservative Government was so much better than that of this Conservative-led coalition?
More of Lord Grocott's recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 3 July 2001
Previously MP for Telford until 14 May 2001 — General election
Entered House of Commons on 10 October 1974 — General election
Also represented Telford; The Wrekin; Lichfield and Tamworth
Other offices held in the past
- Chief Whip (House of Lords), HM Household (29 May 2002 to 25 Jan 2008)
- Government Whip (technically a Lord in Waiting, HM Household) (12 Jun 2001 to 29 May 2002)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 89.54% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 8 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 7 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Grocott’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 294 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.