How Lord Grocott voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Has never voted on a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Voted very strongly against fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Voted moderately against university tuition feesDetails
- Voted very strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Lord Grocott hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
My Lords, I listened carefully to the Minister’s response to my noble friend Lord McAvoy, and although it was quite a lengthy response, it was pretty clear to me that, in relation to the Treasury at any rate, he did not answer the question. So given that it was a splendid question and a not-so-good answer, could the Minister please put a copy of the full details of a proper response in...
To ask Her Majesty’s Government, further to the answer by Earl Howe on 9 July (HL Deb, col 216), how many managerial and clerical appointments have been made to Healthcare Education England.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government, further to the answer by Earl Howe on 9 July (HL Deb, col 216), how many managerial and clerical staff were appointed to each of the Health and Wellbeing Boards established by the Health and Social Care Act 2012.
More of Lord Grocott's recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 3 July 2001
Previously MP for Telford until 14 May 2001 — General election
Entered House of Commons on 10 October 1974 — General election
Also represented Telford; The Wrekin; Lichfield and Tamworth
Other offices held in the past
- Chief Whip (House of Lords), HM Household (29 May 2002 to 25 Jan 2008)
- Government Whip (technically a Lord in Waiting, HM Household) (12 Jun 2001 to 29 May 2002)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 6 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 89.48% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 8 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 7 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Grocott’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 294 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.