Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament
How Lord Grocott voted on key issues since 2001
- Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Voted very strongly for introducing ID cardsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a smoking banDetails
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPsDetails
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquestsDetails
- Voted strongly against laws to stop climate changeDetails
- Voted very strongly for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted strongly for the hunting banDetails
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rightsDetails
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism lawsDetails
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schoolsDetails
- Voted very strongly for a stricter asylum systemDetails
More on their full record
My Lords, I hope I will not alarm the Minister too much if I say that I have been listening carefully to what he has been saying and, if I had come from outside, I would find it impossible to answer the question as to whether the Minister was a member of the Liberal Democrat party or the Conservative Party. Bearing that in mind, does he agree that, come the next general election, if people...
My Lords, of course it is right that the Government should say that we cannot have constitutional change, and certainly not territorial change in the boundaries of any country, under duress or the threat of force. However, I would like some clarification on the Government’s position in respect of a referendum in Crimea. Again, the Government are quite right to say that the logistics of...
More of Lord Grocott's recent appearances
Other offices held in the past
- Chief Whip (House of Lords), HM Household (29 May 2002 to 25 Jan 2008)
- Government Whip (technically a Lord in Waiting, HM Household) (12 Jun 2001 to 29 May 2002)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 27 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 5 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 89.54% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 8 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 7 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Grocott’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 289 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)