How Lord Foster of Bishop Auckland voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted moderately for more EU integration Source
Voted moderately for university tuition fees Source
Has never voted on a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted moderately against a wholly elected House of Lords Source
Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
Get email notifications when Lord Foster of Bishop Auckland votes in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Lord Foster of Bishop Auckland hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
My Lords, we all welcome the improved rate of growth, but is it not true that this Government have not yet achieved the rate of growth that they inherited?
Is the Minister aware that the PCS has at least my full support? The reason is that every union in the public sector has been provoked beyond endurance by the present Government. The unions are fully justified in negotiating with the Government and it is the Government's duty to settle.
More of Lord Foster of Bishop Auckland's recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 22 June 2005
Previously MP for Bishop Auckland until 11 April 2005 — did not stand for re-election
Entered House of Commons on 3 May 1979 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Parliamentary Secretary, Cabinet Office (3 May 1997 to 5 May 1997)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Responsiveness to messages sent via WriteToThem.com in 2005: Too little data for valid analysis.
- Has voted in 62.56% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 8 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Foster of Bishop Auckland’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 10 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from