How Baroness Boothroyd voted on key issues since 2001
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schoolsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate changeDetails
- Voted against a smoking banDetails
- Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism lawsDetails
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquestsDetails
- Voted moderately for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting banDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against introducing ID cardsDetails
- Voted moderately against equal gay rightsDetails
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPsDetails
- Voted moderately for a stricter asylum systemDetails
More on their full record
My Lords, the campaign to reform the law relating to assisted suicide is supported by people from all walks of life and is, I hope, approaching a humane and sensible conclusion. The current Act has become a blunt instrument. It adds cruelly to the suffering of people who want to die with dignity and makes a mockery of a key principle of English justice, which requires the punishment to...
I have been a Member of Parliament for more than 40 years. In my experience, I have never yet seen either the Opposition or the Government speak from the Dispatch Box and have two views, one from the Dispatch Box and one from the Back Benches. I have never known this situation before—it ought to have been sorted out right at the very beginning. The noble Baroness speaks for the...
My Lords, I share the concern expressed by the noble Lord, Lord Kerr, who spoke with authority and considerable experience in moving this amendment. I believe that the statutory imposition of a 2017 deadline threatens our entire strategy for securing Britain’s future in a reformed European Union. Moreover, this part of the Bill as it now stands undermines and contradicts some of the...
More of Baroness Boothroyd's recent appearances
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 10 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 28.93% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 21 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Boothroyd’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 43 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)