A selection of Lord Anderson of Swansea's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Generally voted for university tuition fees Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Anderson of Swansea’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Anderson of Swansea’s full vote analysis page for more.
UK’s future relations with the EU – Lord Anderson of Swansea.
My Lords, will the Minister pass a copy of her reply to her hapless government colleague Ms Mordaunt? Does she recall that Chancellor Merkel used to talk of the proud nation of Turkey having a “privileged position” with the European Union? Is that now not a far more realistic position than continuing with the fiction that Turkey will one day be a member of the European Union,...
More of Lord Anderson of Swansea’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 19 July 2005
Previously MP for Swansea East until 11 April 2005 — did not stand for re-election
Positions held at time of appointment: Member of Parliament for Monmouth, 1966-1970 and Swansea East, 1974-2005. Opposition spokesman for foreign affairs, 1983-1992, on defence, 1993-1994 and Shadow Solicitor General, 1994-1995. Chairman, Foreign Affairs Select Committee, 1997-2005. (from Number 10 press release)
Entered the House of Commons on 31 March 1966 — General election
Also represented Swansea East; Monmouth
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Other offices held in the past
- Member, EU Sub Committee E - Justice, Institutions and Consumer Protection (17 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Draft Bribery Bill (Joint Committee) (11 May 2009 to 16 Jul 2009)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C - Foreign Affairs, Defence and Development Policy (21 Nov 2006 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Chairman, Foreign Affairs Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Liaison Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Foreign Affairs: Entry Clearance Sub-Committee (25 Nov 1997 to 19 Nov 1998)
- Chair, Foreign Affairs Committee (16 Jul 1997 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (14 Jul 1997 to 11 Jul 2005)
- Shadow Solicitor General (1 Jan 1994 to 1 Jan 1996)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Defence, Disarmament and Arms Control) (1 Jan 1993 to 1 Jan 1994)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (26 Oct 1992 to 23 Feb 1994)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (13 May 1983 to 9 Jun 1983)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (1 Jan 1983 to 1 Jan 1992)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (8 Dec 1981 to 9 Jun 1983)
- Chair, Welsh Affairs Committee (20 Nov 1981 to 13 May 1983)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (14 Dec 1979 to 20 Nov 1981)
- Member, Environment Committee (3 May 1979 to 14 Dec 1979)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from