New Clause 48
Housing and Regeneration Bill
Removal or suspension following inquiry
‘(1) This section applies if as a result of an inquiry under section 183 or an audit under section 186 the regulator is satisfied—
(a) that a non-profit registered provider has failed to meet a standard under section 173 or 174, or
(b) that the affairs of a non-profit registered provider have been mismanaged.
(2) The regulator may by order remove any officer, employee or agent of the registered provider who it thinks has contributed to the failure or mismanagement.
(3) Pending a decision whether to remove an officer, employee or agent, the regulator may by order suspend the person for a specified period of up to 6 months.
(4) The regulator may remove or suspend an officer, employee or agent of a registered charity only if the charity has received public assistance.
(5) Before making an order the regulator must take all reasonable steps to give at least 14 days’ notice to—
(a) the person, and
(b) the registered provider.
(6) The regulator shall notify the Charity Commission if it removes or suspends an officer, employee or agent of a registered charity.’.—[Mr. Wright.]