Northern Ireland Assembly
Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
What is the Northern Ireland Assembly?
The current Northern Ireland Assembly was established in 1998 as part of the Belfast Agreement. It was suspended on the 14th of October 2002, and remained suspended until 8th May 2007.
Between 8 May 2006 and 22 November 2006 the Assembly established under the Northern Ireland Act 2006, and between November 2006 and January 2007 the Transitional Assembly created by the Northern Ireland (St Andrews Agreement) Act 2006, met in order to prepare for the restoration of devolved government.
Recent Northern Ireland Assembly debates
- Oral Answers to Questions: Visa Restrictions Monday, 13 October 2014; 8 speeches
- 6. asked the Minister of Enterprise, Trade and Investment for an update on the steps she is taking to relax visa restrictions to make it easier for tourists to visit Northern Ireland. (AQO 6825/11-15)
- Matter of the Day: Scottish Referendum Result Monday, 22 September 2014; 24 speeches
- The Speaker has agreed that this matter was brought forward in the appropriate fashion. Mr Mike Nesbitt has been given leave to make a statement on the Scottish referendum result, which...
- Oral Answers to Questions: Workforce Planning Action Plan Tuesday, 23 September 2014; 6 speeches
- 4. asked the Minister of Health, Social Services and Public Safety for an update on the workforce planning action plan flowing from the regional workforce planning group. (AQO 6669/11-15)
- Private Members' Business: Western Education and Library Board: Development Proposals Monday, 22 September 2014; 28 speeches
- Debate resumed on amendment to motion: That this Assembly notes development proposals 260, 261 and 262 by the Western Education and Library Board regarding the proposed closure of the Collegiate...
- Oral Answers to Questions: A&E: Winter Pressures Tuesday, 23 September 2014; 5 speeches
- 5. asked the Minister of Health, Social Services and Public Safety whether he will reconsider the closure of the A&E department at Belfast City Hospital, given that winter pressures will soon...