Northern Ireland Assembly
Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
What is the Northern Ireland Assembly?
The current Northern Ireland Assembly was established in 1998 as part of the Belfast Agreement. It was suspended on the 14th of October 2002, and remained suspended until 8th May 2007.
Between 8 May 2006 and 22 November 2006 the Assembly established under the Northern Ireland Act 2006, and between November 2006 and January 2007 the Transitional Assembly created by the Northern Ireland (St Andrews Agreement) Act 2006, met in order to prepare for the restoration of devolved government.
Recent Northern Ireland Assembly debates
- Oral Answers to Questions: Integrated Care Partnerships Tuesday, 14 October 2014; 6 speeches
- 4. asked the Minister of Health, Social Services and Public Safety for an update on the progress being made on integrated care partnerships. (AQO 6810/11-15)
- Oral Answers to Questions: Sexual Orientation Strategy Monday, 22 September 2014; 9 speeches
- 3. asked the First Minister and deputy First Minister for their assessment of the need for a robust sexual orientation strategy. (AQO 6625/11-15)
- Oral Answers to Questions: Corporation Tax Monday, 20 October 2014; 12 speeches
- 3. asked the First Minister and deputy First Minister, in light of the outcome of the Scottish independence referendum, what discussions they have had with the UK Government on the devolution of...
- Oral Answers to Questions: Rugby World Cup 2023 Monday, 13 October 2014; 8 speeches
- 4. asked the Minister of Enterprise, Trade and Investment for an update on the progress of the North/South working group examining the key issues surrounding the hosting of the Rugby World Cup on...
- Private Members' Business: Western Education and Library Board: Development Proposals Monday, 22 September 2014; 28 speeches
- Debate resumed on amendment to motion: That this Assembly notes development proposals 260, 261 and 262 by the Western Education and Library Board regarding the proposed closure of the Collegiate...