Northern Ireland Assembly
Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
What is the Northern Ireland Assembly?
The current Northern Ireland Assembly was established in 1998 as part of the Belfast Agreement. It was suspended on the 14th of October 2002, and remained suspended until 8th May 2007.
Between 8 May 2006 and 22 November 2006 the Assembly established under the Northern Ireland Act 2006, and between November 2006 and January 2007 the Transitional Assembly created by the Northern Ireland (St Andrews Agreement) Act 2006, met in order to prepare for the restoration of devolved government.
Recent Northern Ireland Assembly debates
- Committee Business: Mr P Ramsey: Monday, 15 April 2013; 18 speeches
- "it is important to note that the DSH Registry has highlighted that approximately 40% of hospital attendances do not result in admissions and therefore the reported self-harm figures...
- Oral Answers to Questions: Rates: Welfare Reform Tuesday, 14 May 2013; 8 speeches
- 3. asked the Minister of Finance and Personnel how he will ensure through the rating system that the most vulnerable people will not suffer under welfare reform. (AQO 4044/11-15)
- Executive Committee Business: Clause 18 (Creation of network of conservation sites) Tuesday, 30 April 2013; 12 speeches
- We now come to the third group of amendments for debate. With amendment No 7, it will be convenient to debate amendment Nos 8, 15 to 18, and 20. This group deals with commencing the...
- Oral Answers to Questions: Civil Service: Equal Pay Tuesday, 14 May 2013; 6 speeches
- 8. asked the Minister of Finance and Personnel to outline the impact of Judge Babington's decision to dismiss the equal pay claim for civil servants who worked in the Northern Ireland Office and...
- Oral Answers to Questions: Schools: Non-selective Systems Tuesday, 16 April 2013; 28 speeches
- 6. asked the Minister of Education, in light of recent commitments by Catholic trustees to move away from academic selection, what assurance he can give to parents about the performance...