Northern Ireland Assembly
Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
What is the Northern Ireland Assembly?
The current Northern Ireland Assembly was established in 1998 as part of the Belfast Agreement. It was suspended on the 14th of October 2002, and remained suspended until 8th May 2007.
Between 8 May 2006 and 22 November 2006 the Assembly established under the Northern Ireland Act 2006, and between November 2006 and January 2007 the Transitional Assembly created by the Northern Ireland (St Andrews Agreement) Act 2006, met in order to prepare for the restoration of devolved government.
Recent Northern Ireland Assembly debates
- Private Members' Business: Clause 2 (Special advisers: serious criminal convictions) Monday, 20 May 2013; 160 speeches
- Debate resumed on amendment Nos 1 to 20, which amendments were: No 1: In page 1, line 13, leave out "Commissioners" and insert "Department of Finance and Personnel".— [Mr Allister.] No 2:...
- Ministerial Statement : First Minister and Deputy First Minister: Visit to China Monday, 3 June 2013; 25 speeches
- Go raibh maith agat, Mr Principal Deputy Speaker. We visited Beijing last week at the invitation of Vice-Premier Madam Liu Yandong. This followed her successful visit to Belfast last...
- Private Members' Business: FM/DFM: Visit to China Monday, 3 June 2013; 10 speeches
- 2. asked the First Minister and deputy First Minister for an update on their most recent visit to China. (AQO 4173/11-15)
- Private Members' Business: Carrickfergus Castle Monday, 3 June 2013; 9 speeches
- 2. asked the Minister of Enterprise, Trade and Investment what action the Northern Ireland Tourist Board and Tourism Ireland are taking to market Carrickfergus Castle as a visitor attraction....
- Private Members' Business: Giro d’Italia: Armagh Monday, 3 June 2013; 5 speeches
- 6. asked the Minister of Enterprise, Trade and Investment for her assessment of the tourism and economic benefits of the Giro d'Italia visiting Armagh city in 2014. (AQO 4191/11-15)