Northern Ireland Assembly
Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
What is the Northern Ireland Assembly?
The current Northern Ireland Assembly was established in 1998 as part of the Belfast Agreement. It was suspended on the 14th of October 2002, and remained suspended until 8th May 2007.
Between 8 May 2006 and 22 November 2006 the Assembly established under the Northern Ireland Act 2006, and between November 2006 and January 2007 the Transitional Assembly created by the Northern Ireland (St Andrews Agreement) Act 2006, met in order to prepare for the restoration of devolved government.
Recent Northern Ireland Assembly debates
- Oral Answers to Questions — Education: St Joseph's High School, Crossmaglen: New Build Monday, 2 March 2015; 9 speeches
- 1. Mr D Bradley asked the Minister of Education for an update on the proposal for a new build at St Joseph's High School, Crossmaglen. (AQO 7691/11-15)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Agriculture and Rural Development: Rural White Paper Action Plan Tuesday, 24 February 2015; 8 speeches
- 5. Mr Sheehan asked the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development for an update on the rural White Paper action plan. (AQO 7651/11-15)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Social Development: Welfare Reform: Sinn Féin Concerns Tuesday, 10 March 2015; 9 speeches
- T1. Mr A Maginness asked the Minister for Social Development whether Sinn Féin expressed any concerns about welfare reform during the meetings that it was suggested that he had with its...
- Oral Answers to Questions — Education: Education Authority: Update Monday, 2 March 2015; 5 speeches
- 9. Mr Maskey asked the Minister of Education for an update on the establishment of the Education Authority. (AQO 7699/11-15)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Agriculture and Rural Development: Wind Farm Development Programme: Revenue Monday, 16 March 2015; 11 speeches
- 5. Mr Cree asked the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development for an update on the revenue generated through the wind farm development programme. (AQO 7811/11-15)