Northern Ireland Assembly
Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
What is the Northern Ireland Assembly?
The current Northern Ireland Assembly was established in 1998 as part of the Belfast Agreement. It was suspended on the 14th of October 2002, and remained suspended until 8th May 2007.
Between 8 May 2006 and 22 November 2006 the Assembly established under the Northern Ireland Act 2006, and between November 2006 and January 2007 the Transitional Assembly created by the Northern Ireland (St Andrews Agreement) Act 2006, met in order to prepare for the restoration of devolved government.
Recent Northern Ireland Assembly debates
- Oral Answers to Questions: Schools: Capital Builds Monday, 2 June 2014; 10 speeches
- 4. asked the Minister of Education when he will announce his next capital builds list. (AQO 6219/11-15)
- Executive Committee Business: Justice Bill: Second Stage Tuesday, 24 June 2014; 32 speeches
- I beg to move That the Second Stage of the Justice Bill [NIA Bill 37/11-15] be agreed. Since taking up my post as Justice Minister, I have made my intent to reform the justice system clear. ...
- Ministerial Statements: Making Life Better 2013-2023: Strategic Framework for Public Health Tuesday, 24 June 2014; 19 speeches
- With your permission, Mr Speaker, I wish to make a statement on the publication of the new strategic framework for public health 'Making Life Better 2013-2023'. The framework will provide...
- Oral Answers to Questions: Welfare Reform: Block Grant Reductions Tuesday, 1 July 2014; 12 speeches
- 2. asked the Minister of Health, Social Services and Public Safety what savings he plans to make in order to accommodate his Department's share of the cuts in the block grant, which will result...
- Oral Answers to Questions: Health Service: Financial Pressures Tuesday, 10 June 2014; 10 speeches
- 1. asked the Minister of Health, Social Services and Public Safety for his assessment of the current financial pressures facing the health service. (AQO 6302/11-15)