Northern Ireland Assembly
Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
What is the Northern Ireland Assembly?
The current Northern Ireland Assembly was established in 1998 as part of the Belfast Agreement. It was suspended on the 14th of October 2002, and remained suspended until 8th May 2007.
Between 8 May 2006 and 22 November 2006 the Assembly established under the Northern Ireland Act 2006, and between November 2006 and January 2007 the Transitional Assembly created by the Northern Ireland (St Andrews Agreement) Act 2006, met in order to prepare for the restoration of devolved government.
Recent Northern Ireland Assembly debates
- Assembly Business : Speaker's Ruling: Jim Allister Tuesday, 14 October 2014; 13 speeches
- I return to the matter raised by Mr Allister last Tuesday, 7 October, when he queried how Deputy Speaker Beggs had dealt with his question during a ministerial statement. I have now...
- Oral Answers to Questions: Jobs: North-west Monday, 20 October 2014; 5 speeches
- T3. asked the First Minister and deputy First Minister for additional information on the First Minister’s answer to a question from Colum Eastwood, when he said that he had some hope or...
- Oral Answers to Questions: Park-and-ride Facilities: Lisburn Tuesday, 21 October 2014; 8 speeches
- 1. asked the Minister for Regional Development to outline his plans for extending park-and-ride facilities at Sprucefield and the general Lisburn area. (AQO 6880/11-15)
- Oral Answers to Questions: Public Appointments: Gender Balance Monday, 6 October 2014; 6 speeches
- 3. asked the First Minister and deputy First Minister what action they are taking to improve the gender balance in public appointments. (AQO 6739/11-15)
- Executive Committee Business: Lands Tribunal (Salaries) Order (Northern Ireland) 2014 Tuesday, 14 October 2014; 5 speeches
- I beg to move That the draft Lands Tribunal (Salaries) Order (Northern Ireland) 2014 be approved. I trust that this item of business will be somewhat shorter than that which the preceding...