Northern Ireland Assembly
Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
What is the Northern Ireland Assembly?
The current Northern Ireland Assembly was established in 1998 as part of the Belfast Agreement. It was suspended on the 14th of October 2002, and remained suspended until 8th May 2007.
Between 8 May 2006 and 22 November 2006 the Assembly established under the Northern Ireland Act 2006, and between November 2006 and January 2007 the Transitional Assembly created by the Northern Ireland (St Andrews Agreement) Act 2006, met in order to prepare for the restoration of devolved government.
Recent Northern Ireland Assembly debates
- Oral Answers to Questions — Justice: Prisoners: Reoffenders Monday, 18 May 2015; 5 speeches
- T4. Mr Byrne asked the Minister of Justice, following his answer about NIACRO and the budget cuts, what consequences he sees for the number of people who might end up in prison as reoffenders....
- Oral Answers to Questions — Office of the First Minister and deputy First Minister: Women's Sector: Funding Monday, 11 May 2015; 8 speeches
- 1. Mrs McKevitt asked the First Minister and deputy First Minister to outline the support they can offer to organisations in the women's sector that may be forced to close due to lack of funding....
- Oral Answers to Questions — Agriculture and Rural Development: River Pollution: Angling Club Discussions Tuesday, 28 April 2015; 5 speeches
- T9. Lord Morrow asked the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development what discussions about river pollution she has had this year with angling clubs. (AQT 2429/11-15)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Health, Social Services and Public Safety: June Monitoring Round: HSSPS Bids Monday, 18 May 2015; 13 speeches
- 3. Mrs Overend asked the Minister of Health, Social Services and Public Safety to outline his planned bids for the June monitoring round. (AQO 8178/11-15)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Office of the First Minister and deputy First Minister: Social Investment Fund: North Belfast Monday, 11 May 2015; 8 speeches
- 3. Mr Humphrey asked the First Minister and deputy First Minister for an update on the North Belfast social investment fund. (AQO 8107/11-15)