Northern Ireland Assembly
Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
What is the Northern Ireland Assembly?
The current Northern Ireland Assembly was established in 1998 as part of the Belfast Agreement. It was suspended on the 14th of October 2002, and remained suspended until 8th May 2007.
Between 8 May 2006 and 22 November 2006 the Assembly established under the Northern Ireland Act 2006, and between November 2006 and January 2007 the Transitional Assembly created by the Northern Ireland (St Andrews Agreement) Act 2006, met in order to prepare for the restoration of devolved government.
Recent Northern Ireland Assembly debates
- Oral Answers to Questions: Arts and Culture Strategy Monday, 6 October 2014; 9 speeches
- 3. asked the Minister of Culture, Arts and Leisure whether she has any plans to bring forward a strategy for the arts and culture, similar to the Sport Matters strategy for sport. (AQO 6753/11-15)
- Oral Answers to Questions: Rural Proofing Tuesday, 30 September 2014; 12 speeches
- 2. asked the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development for an update on her proposals to enhance rural proofing. (AQO 6726/11-15)
- Oral Answers to Questions: A8: Belfast to Larne Tuesday, 7 October 2014; 8 speeches
- 7. asked the Minister for Regional Development for an update on the estimated completion date for the A8 Belfast to Larne dual carriageway. (AQO 6786/11-15)
- Oral Answers to Questions: Nitrates Directive Tuesday, 30 September 2014; 10 speeches
- 1. asked the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development to outline her proposals for farming practices in relation to the nitrates directive (91/676/EEC). (AQO 6725/11-15)
- Oral Answers to Questions: Economic Recovery: Slowdown Monday, 13 October 2014; 6 speeches
- T4. asked the Minister of Enterprise, Trade and Investment what reprofiling she is doing in her Department to assist businesses during this time of uncertainty, given that she may be aware of...