Northern Ireland Assembly
Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
What is the Northern Ireland Assembly?
The current Northern Ireland Assembly was established in 1998 as part of the Belfast Agreement. It was suspended on the 14th of October 2002, and remained suspended until 8th May 2007.
Between 8 May 2006 and 22 November 2006 the Assembly established under the Northern Ireland Act 2006, and between November 2006 and January 2007 the Transitional Assembly created by the Northern Ireland (St Andrews Agreement) Act 2006, met in order to prepare for the restoration of devolved government.
Recent Northern Ireland Assembly debates
- Oral Answers to Questions — Culture, Arts and Leisure: Irish Language and Ulster-Scots Strategies: Next Steps Tuesday, 3 February 2015; 5 speeches
- T6. Mr McElduff asked the Minister of Culture, Arts and Leisure what the next steps are following the publication last Friday of her Department’s strategies on the Irish language and...
- Oral Answers to Questions — Justice: Bloody Sunday: Murder Investigations Tuesday, 27 January 2015; 5 speeches
- T4. Ms McCorley asked the Minister of Justice whether he welcomes the fact that murder investigations have been reinstated for Bloody Sunday. (AQT 2004/11-15)
- Committee Business: Higher and Further Education Sectors: Support and Investment Monday, 2 February 2015; 32 speeches
- The Business Committee has agreed to allow up to one hour and 30 minutes for the debate. The proposer of the motion will have 10 minutes to propose and 10 minutes to wind up. One amendment has...
- Oral Answers to Questions — Office of the First Minister and deputy First Minister: Executive Office: Brussels Monday, 16 February 2015; 7 speeches
- T6. Mr Byrne asked the Office of the First Minister and deputy First Minister to confirm that the bureau office in Brussels has four desk officers and one head of department and to state what...
- Oral Answers to Questions — Environment: Councillors: Training Tuesday, 10 February 2015; 8 speeches
- 3. Ms Boyle asked the Minister of the Environment how councillors in the shadow councils are being trained ahead of assuming greater planning responsibilities. (AQO 7550/11-15)