Northern Ireland Assembly
Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
What is the Northern Ireland Assembly?
The current Northern Ireland Assembly was established in 1998 as part of the Belfast Agreement. It was suspended on the 14th of October 2002, and remained suspended until 8th May 2007.
Between 8 May 2006 and 22 November 2006 the Assembly established under the Northern Ireland Act 2006, and between November 2006 and January 2007 the Transitional Assembly created by the Northern Ireland (St Andrews Agreement) Act 2006, met in order to prepare for the restoration of devolved government.
Recent Northern Ireland Assembly debates
- Oral Answers to Questions — Social Development: Benefits: Financial Support Services Monday, 12 January 2015; 10 speeches
- 1. Mr Hazzard asked the Minister for Social Development for his assessment of the results of the recent Social Security Agency pilot scheme on financial support services for benefit claimants...
- Oral Answers to Questions — Education: Education Budget: Breakdown and Priorities Tuesday, 13 January 2015; 5 speeches
- T4. Mr Girvan asked the Minister of Education who sets the priorities in the breakdown of the Education budget and decides where money will be spent and what input he has in that. (AQT 1934/11-15)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Education: Irish Language: Development Tuesday, 13 January 2015; 10 speeches
- 10. Mr Lynch asked the Minister of Education, with the granting of the development proposal for the Irish-medium post-primary school in Dungiven, what benefits does the Minister believe this will...
- Ministerial Statements: North/South Ministerial Council: Aquaculture and Marine Tuesday, 13 January 2015; 21 speeches
- Go raibh maith agat, a Cheann Comhairle. I also offer my comhghairdeas to you on your new appointment and wish you all the best for the future. With your permission, a Cheann Comhairle, I wish...
- Oral Answers to Questions — Enterprise, Trade and Investment: Tourism: Overseas Visitor Numbers Tuesday, 20 January 2015; 12 speeches
- 3. Mr Swann asked the Minister of Enterprise, Trade and Investment for her assessment of the latest Tourism Ireland overseas visitor numbers. (AQO 7362/11-15)