Northern Ireland Assembly
Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
What is the Northern Ireland Assembly?
The current Northern Ireland Assembly was established in 1998 as part of the Belfast Agreement. It was suspended on the 14th of October 2002, and remained suspended until 8th May 2007.
Between 8 May 2006 and 22 November 2006 the Assembly established under the Northern Ireland Act 2006, and between November 2006 and January 2007 the Transitional Assembly created by the Northern Ireland (St Andrews Agreement) Act 2006, met in order to prepare for the restoration of devolved government.
Recent Northern Ireland Assembly debates
- Oral Answers to Questions: Belfast Central Library Tuesday, 16 September 2014; 6 speeches
- 9. asked the Minister of Culture, Arts and Leisure whether, as part of the Library Square development and the development of the Cathedral Quarter, she has received a business case for the...
- Oral Answers to Questions: Farming: Russian Import Ban Tuesday, 9 September 2014; 5 speeches
- 1. asked the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development what steps she intends to take to support the agriculture industry in light of the impact that the Russian import ban is having on...
- Oral Answers to Questions: Newtowncunningham Orange Hall: Sectarian Attack Tuesday, 16 September 2014; 5 speeches
- 4. asked the Minister of Culture, Arts and Leisure whether she agrees that the recent attack on Newtowncunningham Orange hall, which has caused great disquiet, was blatantly sectarian and should...
- Matters of the Day: Carl Frampton: Super-bantamweight World Champion Monday, 8 September 2014; 9 speeches
- Mr William Humphrey has been given leave to make a statement on Carl Frampton becoming the super-bantamweight world champion, which fulfils the criteria set out in Standing Order 24. If...
- Private Members' Business: Ardoyne Fleadh Tuesday, 9 September 2014; 138 speeches
- The Business Committee has agreed to allow up to one hour and 30 minutes for the debate. Two amendments have been selected and published on the Marshalled List. Fifteen minutes have...