Northern Ireland Assembly
Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
What is the Northern Ireland Assembly?
The current Northern Ireland Assembly was established in 1998 as part of the Belfast Agreement. It was suspended on the 14th of October 2002, and remained suspended until 8th May 2007.
Between 8 May 2006 and 22 November 2006 the Assembly established under the Northern Ireland Act 2006, and between November 2006 and January 2007 the Transitional Assembly created by the Northern Ireland (St Andrews Agreement) Act 2006, met in order to prepare for the restoration of devolved government.
Recent Northern Ireland Assembly debates
- Oral Answers to Questions — Culture, Arts and Leisure: Disability Sport NI: Funding Cuts Tuesday, 24 March 2015; 5 speeches
- T6. Mr Elliott asked the Minister of Culture, Arts and Leisure whether she accepts that the effect on the disabled community of the significant financial cuts to Disability Sport NI will be...
- Oral Answers to Questions — Education: Schools: Job Losses Tuesday, 24 March 2015; 10 speeches
- 3. Mr Gardiner asked the Minister of Education how many of the projected 1,500 job losses that he warned of recently will come from schools in the Southern Education and Library Board area. (AQO...
- Private Members' Business: Block Grant Tuesday, 14 April 2015; 66 speeches
- The Business Committee has agreed to allow up to one hour and 30 minutes for the debate. The proposer of the motion will have 10 minutes to propose and 10 minutes to make a winding-up speech....
- Oral Answers to Questions — Environment: Climate Change: Prosperity Agreements Tuesday, 14 April 2015; 8 speeches
- 4. Mr McGlone asked the Minister of the Environment to outline how prosperity agreements can contribute to tackling climate change. (AQO 7935/11-15)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Agriculture and Rural Development: MARA Project: Update Monday, 16 March 2015; 8 speeches
- 7. Mrs Hale asked the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development for an update on the evaluation of the maximising access in rural areas (MARA) project. (AQO 7813/11-15)