This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Zac Goldsmith’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Richmond Park
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Zac Goldsmith
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Zac Goldsmith voted on key issues:
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted against a smoking ban. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Quite often rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Environment Food and Rural Affairs, Energy and Climate Change, Transport, Business, Innovation and Skills, Treasury
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Heathrow Airport, Electric Vehicles, Fossil Fuels, Energy: Conservation, Green Investment Bank
(based on written questions asked by Zac Goldsmith and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Antarctic Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Presumption of Death Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Energy Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Energy Bill Committee (8 out of 8)
- Written Answers — Treasury: Enterprise Investment Scheme (20 May 2013)
“To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer if he will assess the merits of providing incentives through the Enterprise Investment Scheme for energy service companies to invest in projects delivering permanent and verifiable savings on electricity consumption.”
- Written Answers — Defence: Armed Forces: Housing (20 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Defence how many service family accommodation properties have had a Green Deal assessment to date.”
- Written Answers — Education: Secondary Education: Kingston Upon Thames (20 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Education what timetable he has set for his Department to come to a decision on funding for a secondary free school in North Kingston.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 39 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 322 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 79.64% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 157 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Zac Goldsmith’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 62 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register