This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Zac Goldsmith’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Richmond Park
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Zac Goldsmith
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Zac Goldsmith voted on key issues:
- Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted against a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Quite often rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Environment Food and Rural Affairs, Energy and Climate Change, Transport, Business, Innovation and Skills, Treasury
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Heathrow Airport, Electric Vehicles, Fossil Fuels, Energy: Conservation, Armed Forces: Housing
(based on written questions asked by Zac Goldsmith and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Presumption of Death Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Antarctic Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Energy Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Energy Bill Committee (8 out of 8)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Business, Innovation and Skills: Topical Questions (13 Jun 2013)
“It is one thing the Government not following through on their promises to tackle plastic waste in this country, but what on earth was my right hon. Friend doing complaining to the EU about Italy’s plans to ban or phase out the use of single-use plastic bags, and why was the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs not even consulted, given that it is one of its policy areas?”
- Written Answers — Environment Food and Rural Affairs: Marine Protected Areas (12 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs what progress has been made by the EU task force established to implement the Rio+20 decision on the conservation and sustainable use of marine biodiversity in high seas marine protected areas.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 39 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 289 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 79.35% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 155 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Zac Goldsmith’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 64 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register