This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Tom Greatrex’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Rutherglen and Hamilton West
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Tom Greatrex
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Tom Greatrex voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Voted strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Work and Pensions, Energy and Climate Change, Treasury, Scotland, Justice
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Work Capability Assessment, Atos Healthcare, Atos, Procurement, Work Capability Assessments
(based on written questions asked by Tom Greatrex and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Energy Bill Committee (16 out of 16)
- Energy Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Energy Bill Committee (8 out of 8)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Topical Questions (18 Jun 2013)
“The Foreign Office Ministers will, I hope, be aware of the widespread concerns and worrying allegations about the conduct of aspects of the general election that took place in Malaysia in May. Such concerns related to intimidation at polling places, phantom voters and incomplete electoral rolls. Given the importance of the relationship between the UK and Malaysia, are any of the Ministers...”
- GCHQ: Better Defence Acquisition (10 Jun 2013)
“The Secretary of State referred to the freedom to recruit and reward staff with market rates as, I think, a “critical” freedom in the potential move to a GoCo. In that phased transfer, would any increased remuneration in bonus packages still come from the MOD baseline?”
- Energy and Climate Change: Green Investment (6 Jun 2013)
“One significant form of low-carbon green investment that the Secretary of State spoke about during his speech to the Met Office on Monday is carbon capture and storage. His predecessor told the House in October 2011, when Scottish Power pulled out of the Longannet project, that he guaranteed that there would be no Treasury backsliding on the capital funds for CCS demonstrator projects in the...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 70 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 356 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 73.72% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 67 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Tom Greatrex’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 147 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register