This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Toby Perkins’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Chesterfield
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Toby Perkins
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Toby Perkins voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted against a smoking ban. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Business, Innovation and Skills, Education, Work and Pensions, Health, Treasury
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Public Houses, Members: Correspondence, Departmental Procurement, Directors: Disqualification, Interest Rate Swap Transactions
(based on written questions asked by Toby Perkins and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Communities and Local Government: Public Houses: Scotland (17 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government with reference to his answer of 25 April 2013, Official Report, column 1129, on public houses: Scotland, if he will bring forward legislative proposals to implement the powers of Part 9, section 179 of the Criminal Justice and Licensing (Scotland) Act 2010 in the rest of the UK.”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Business, Innovation and Skills: Pubs (13 Jun 2013)
“The Secretary of State will be aware that there was a huge Fair Deal For Your Local rally in Parliament recently. It was attended by Members from all parts of the House who support Labour’s view that a statutory code for pub companies must include a mandatory free-of-tie option to hardwire fairness into the system. Is a fairer distribution of risk and reward an objective of the...”
- Written Answers — Business, Innovation and Skills: Insurance Companies: Billing (10 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills (1) what steps he is taking to encourage insurance companies to sign up to the prompt payment code; (2) what assessment he has made of the effects on small businesses of late payment by insurance companies; (3) if he will launch a specific campaign to encourage insurance companies to pay small businesses promptly.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 38 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 70 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 71.21% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 79 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Toby Perkins’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 135 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register