This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Toby Perkins’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Chesterfield
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Toby Perkins
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Toby Perkins voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted against a smoking ban. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Business, Innovation and Skills, Education, Work and Pensions, Health, Treasury
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Public Houses, Members: Correspondence, Departmental Procurement, Directors: Disqualification, Interest Rate Swap Transactions
(based on written questions asked by Toby Perkins and answered by departments)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Topical Questions (18 Jun 2013)
“Many people who have seen the appalling scenes in Turkey on their television screens will have been dismayed by the rather meek response from the right hon. Member for Aylesbury (Mr Lidington) earlier. Will he give us a little bit more of a sense of the outrage that people are feeling around the world and confirm that he is putting real pressure on the Turkish Government to respect the right...”
- Written Answers — Communities and Local Government: Public Houses: Scotland (17 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government with reference to his answer of 25 April 2013, Official Report, column 1129, on public houses: Scotland, if he will bring forward legislative proposals to implement the powers of Part 9, section 179 of the Criminal Justice and Licensing (Scotland) Act 2010 in the rest of the UK.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 38 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 71 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 71.21% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 79 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Toby Perkins’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 135 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register