This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Tim Yeo’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for South Suffolk
- Entered Parliament on 9 June 1983 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Tim Yeo
- Voting record
- Topics of interest
- Most recent appearances
- Register of Members’ Interests
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Tim Yeo voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately against more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords. votes
- Voted moderately for a wholly elected House of Lords. votes
- Voted moderately against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted strongly against introducing foundation hospitals. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted moderately for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly for the Iraq war. votes
- Voted strongly for an investigation into the Iraq war. votes
- Voted moderately against a smoking ban. votes
- Voted moderately against Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted strongly for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on a transparent Parliament. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted strongly against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Culture Media and Sport, Trade and Industry, Transport, Health, Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Millennium Dome, Press Subscriptions, Golden Jubilee, Parliamentary Questions, Foot and Mouth
(based on written questions asked by Tim Yeo and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Environment Food and Rural Affairs: Refrigeration (13 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs what his policy is on proposals for a ban on the use of HFC refrigerants in new centralised supermarket refrigeration systems from 2020.”
- Written Answers — Treasury: Taxation: Environment Protection (25 Apr 2013)
“To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer what representations he has received on the effect of the Carbon Price Floor on the competitiveness of UK business.”
- Written Answers — Treasury: Taxation: Environment Protection (24 Apr 2013)
“To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer what assessment he has made of the effect of the Carbon Price Floor on the competitiveness of UK business.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 9 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 58.25% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 84 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Tim Yeo’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 769 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register
Figures in brackets are ranks.Data from parliament.uk (source). Read 2004/05 – 2008/09 and 1st quarter 2009/10 receipts.
|Type||2008/09 (ranking out of 647)||2007/08 (ranking out of 645)||2006/07 (ranking out of 645)||2005/06||2004/05 (ranking out of 659)||2003/04 (ranking out of 658)||2002/03 (ranking out of 657)||2001/02 (ranking out of 657)|
|Staying away from main home||£24,006 (joint 1st with 48 others)||£23,083 (joint 1st with 142 others)||£22,110 (joint 1st with 183 others)||£21,634||£20,902 (joint 1st with 187 others)||£20,333 (joint 3rd with 149 others)||£19,722 (joint 1st with 230 others)||£15,836 (202nd)|
|Office running costs||£15,340 (414th)||£15,720 (445th)||£19,121 (426th)||£16,807||£18,080 (353rd)||£18,761 (joint 295th with 4 others)||£18,234 (joint 1st with 183 others)||£14,845 (352nd)|
|Staffing costs||£106,380 (40th)||£96,123 (47th)||£86,629 (216th)||£87,273||£75,434 (132nd)||£71,773 (joint 85th with 44 others)||£69,212 (joint 77th with 28 others)||£50,619 (154th)|
|Communications Allowance||£8,401 (348th)||£9,128 (271st)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Travel||£5,589 (410th)1||£5,356 (447th)2||£6,235 (387th)||£5,736||£12,327 (257th)||£14,014 (172nd)||£14,457 (159th)||£12,943 (112th)|
|Members' Staff Travel||£36 (joint 394th with 1 other)||£96 (376th)||£0||£127||£227 (353rd)||£16 (joint 476th with 1 other)||£0||£0|
|Members' Spouse Travel||£78 (joint 312th with 3 others)||£147 (joint 310th with 1 other)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Family Travel||£0||£0||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Purchased Stationery||£2,430 (453rd)||£686 (joint 367th with 1 other)||£1,014 (275th)||£959||£1,283 (210th)||£729 (392nd)||£1,870 (101st)||£1,318 (221st)|
|Stationery: Associated Postage Costs||£1,680 (431st)||£1,576 (484th)||£2,324||£1,828 (433rd)||£1,305 (513th)||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Provided Computer Equipment||£1,339 (joint 137th with 1 other)||£1,132 (joint 197th with 5 others)||£944||£1,958 (joint 178th with 1 other)||£1,958 (joint 173rd with 1 other)||£1,958 (joint 171st with 1 other)||£1,958 (joint 163rd with 1 other)|
|Other Costs||£0||£0||£10,679 (8th)||£0||£0||£0||£0||£0|
|Total||£162,261 (163rd)||£153,358 (210th)||£148,496 (111th)||£135,804||£132,039 (149th)||£128,889 (138th)||£125,453 (63rd)||£97,519 (123rd)|