This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Thomas Docherty’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Dunfermline and West Fife
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Thomas Docherty
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Thomas Docherty voted on key issues:
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Defence, Environment Food and Rural Affairs, Deputy Prime Minister, Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, House of Commons Commission
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Departmental Written Questions, Trident, British Overseas Territories, Biodiversity, Ex-servicemen: Radiation Exposure
(based on written questions asked by Thomas Docherty and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Budget Responsibility and National Audit Bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- Wreck Removal Convention Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Written Answers — Defence: Reserve Forces (20 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Defence (1) whether he plans to include measures regarding reservists in the Defence Reform Bill announced in the Queen's Speech; (2) whether he plans to publish the Reserves White Paper before introducing the Defence Reform Bill to Parliament.”
- Written Answers — Home Department: Police Remuneration Review Body (14 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what discussions she has had with Ministers in the devolved administrations of her Department's proposals for the new Police Remuneration Review Body.”
- Outlawries Bill: Debate on the Address — [Ist Day] (8 May 2013)
“Is debt rising or falling?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 76 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 91 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 71.91% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 68 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Thomas Docherty’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 228 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register