This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Theresa Villiers’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Chipping Barnet
- Entered Parliament on 5 May 2005 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Theresa Villiers
- Voting record
- Topics of interest
- Most recent appearances
- Register of Members’ Interests
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Theresa Villiers voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted moderately against Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted very strongly against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on a transparent Parliament. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for an investigation into the Iraq war. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Has never voted on removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords. votes
- Voted moderately for a wholly elected House of Lords. votes
- Voted very strongly against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Transport, Treasury, Home Department, Health, Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Spending Review (Efficiency Targets), Departmental Data Protection, Aviation: Security, Departmental Statistics, Heathrow Airport
(based on written questions asked by Theresa Villiers and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Civil Aviation Bill Committee (14 out of 14)
- Statistics and Registration Service Bill Committee (8 out of 8)
- Finance Bill Committee (13 out of 14)
- Finance (No.2) Bill Committee (18 out of 21)
- Climate Change and Sustainable Energy Bill Committee (2 out of 3)
- Written Answers — Northern Ireland: Inflation (15 May 2013)
“My Department does not use either the retail price index or the consumer price index for any purpose. In order to meet Government accounting requirements, my Department uses a combination of the Office for National Statistics Tax and Price Index and specific indices for specialised buildings and land supplied by Land and Property Services, Department of Finance and Personnel NI.”
- Written Answers — Northern Ireland: Northern Ireland Prison Service (15 May 2013)
“As the hon. Lady will be aware this is a devolved matter. However, it is an issue in which the Minister of State for Northern Ireland, my hon. Friend the Member for Hemel Hempstead (Mike Penning), takes a keen interest. He has discussed the issue with the Minister of Justice in the Northern Ireland Executive and will continue to do so.”
- Written Ministerial Statements — Northern Ireland: Government's Legislative Programme (Northern Ireland) (9 May 2013)
“The legislative programme unveiled in the Queen’s Speech on 8 May 2013 contains measures which will apply to Northern Ireland. The following is a summary of the legislation announced in the Queen’s Speech and its impact in Northern Ireland. It does not include draft Bills. The list also identifies the lead Government Department. The following Bills extend to Northern Ireland, in...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 18 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 73.91% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 20 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 145 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Theresa Villiers’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 432 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register
Figures in brackets are ranks.Data from parliament.uk (source). Read 2004/05 – 2008/09 and 1st quarter 2009/10 receipts.
|Type||2008/09 (ranking out of 647)||2007/08 (ranking out of 645)||2006/07 (ranking out of 645)||2005/06||2004/05||2003/04||2002/03||2001/02|
|Staying away from main home||£18,827 (334th)||£18,181 (432nd)||£0||£0|
|London costs||£0||£0||£2,712 (joint 1st with 46 others)||£2,360|
|Office running costs||£17,445 (333rd)||£21,096 (169th)||£20,043 (362nd)||£18,894|
|Staffing costs||£93,085 (384th)||£84,892 (417th)||£88,846 (96th)||£79,891|
|Communications Allowance||£6,859 (412th)||£7,558 (356th)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Travel||£2,826 (552nd)1||£2,715 (557th)2||£2,232 (582nd)||£2,834|
|Members' Staff Travel||£0||£0||£0||£0|
|Members' Spouse Travel||£0||£0||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Family Travel||£0||£0||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Purchased Stationery||£4,288 (230th)||£1,904 (35th)||£2,103 (90th)||£2,220|
|Stationery: Associated Postage Costs||£4,965 (61st)||£5,976 (106th)||£4,518||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Provided Computer Equipment||£1,385 (79th)||£1,310 (37th)||£1,290|
|Total||£143,330 (399th)||£142,696 (383rd)||£123,222 (525th)||£112,007|