This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Steve Rotheram’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Liverpool, Walton
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Steve Rotheram
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Steve Rotheram voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted against Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted for a smoking ban. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Home Department, Business, Innovation and Skills, Culture Media and Sport, Education, Work and Pensions
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Hillsborough Stadium, National Security Council, Apprentices, Government Departments: Procurement, Dementia
(based on written questions asked by Steve Rotheram and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Sports Grounds Safety Authority Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Written Answers — Health: Museum of Liverpool Life (20 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Health if he will take steps to support the work of the Museum of Liverpool's House of Memories project.”
- Written Answers — Home Department: Police: Freedom of Information (14 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what the average length of time is for a response to a Freedom of Information request made to (a) South Yorkshire police force and (b) West Yorkshire police force; and what steps she is taking to help these forces improve the efficiency of their replies to Freedom of Information requests.”
- Written Answers — Business, Innovation and Skills: Apprentices (13 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills how many employers in (a) Liverpool, Walton constituency, (b) Liverpool and (c) England have received funding for training an apprentice in each of the last three years.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 44 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 135 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 79.12% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 52 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Steve Rotheram’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 94 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register