This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Steve Rotheram’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Liverpool, Walton
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Steve Rotheram
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Steve Rotheram voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted against Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted for a smoking ban. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Home Department, Business, Innovation and Skills, Culture Media and Sport, Education, Work and Pensions
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Hillsborough Stadium, National Security Council, Apprentices, Government Departments: Procurement, Dementia
(based on written questions asked by Steve Rotheram and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Sports Grounds Safety Authority Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Written Answers — Health: NHS: Pay (17 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Health how many employees in the NHS earn less then the national living wage.”
- Written Answers — Health: Primary Care Trusts: Merseyside (17 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Health (1) what the underspend was for each Merseyside primary care trust in each of the last five financial years; (2) what guidance his Department issued to primary care trusts in Merseyside on dealing with underspends before their dissolution; (3) whether each Merseyside primary care trust provided reasons to his Department for their return of...”
- Written Answers — Health: NHS: Apprentices (13 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Health how many apprentices are employed in the national health service; and what the average wage is of a full-time NHS apprentice.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 43 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 141 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 79.60% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 52 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Steve Rotheram’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 95 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register